When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Navitimer Bracelet Finish

DWSmoot

Just received my Navi Serie Speciale form Joshua this week. Love the watch!

I am interested in getting the bracelet brushed similar to the gen of this model and not sure I want to tackle it myself a this point. Does anyone have an recommendation of who might provide this service?

Want it similar to this (borrowed photo from Importr at RWI)

213771-16169.jpg

Thanks for the help!

DW Smoot

Not sure on who does that, but please post more pics for comparison sake. That picture is awesome! We all are interested in how the reps compare with gens up close.

You will never get it looking even with steel wool, it will end up with the brush marks running all over the place instead of being even and in line. The professional way is a proper satin finish wheel for a polisher, they arn't all that expensive and you can find a cheap polisher/grinder at disount hardware stores.

You will probably need some small boards (ice block stick) with emery paper of different grades stuck on for getting into the tight spots.

I'd love to see more of those pictures. That brushed finsh on the Navitimer looks awesome.

Frankly I don't see how one can do it oneself and have the brush strokes go nice and straight, I'd be afraid.

I have a Serie Speciale I like very much and will find a pro jeweller to brush it right.

@rek001

The pro's often use a small board to hold the bracelet in place and in line while applying the finish. This helps keep everything lined up. In my limited experience its not as hard as you might expect using the proper polisher and satin finish wheel. Forget using a dremel or pretty much anything hand held.. trust me I've tried

Its done using a satinizer wheel like this:

214604-15954.jpg

Once fitted to a bench polisher you can get really even satinization (is that even a word? lol!).. I use it all the time to re-finish rolex bands and case-tops.

Most jewellers with a workshop will have one and will be more than happy to satinize your band.

As your great pics show, 90% of reps need to be more aggressively brushed than they are when you get them--when I see a PAM rep on someone's wrist the brushing is the easiest tell for me. Sure, reps generally have more visible flaws on close inspection but on the wrist bushing is a much more visble tell than a date font or hands. IWW used to do a geat job, but they are either no longer rep friendly or out of business...can't remember which. I'd never try it myself though...with a few exceptions, most of the DIY brushing jobs I've seen don't look all that great. If anyone has a good professional source you'd be doing repdom a huge service if you would post it!

I have currently found someone very reputable we all know that has offered to do the bracelet . But the case is another story due to the pushers, tubes, etc. I really wanted the entire watch to be brushed so I am still deciding but will more than likely get the bracelet done. I am waiting on a few more links for my new Navi from Josh and then will probably send it out for the service. I finally received my Bob strap for the Navi and wil sport it until teh SS bracelet is brushed...

As your great pics show, 90% of reps need to be more aggressively brushed than they are when you get them--when I see a PAM rep on someone's wrist the brushing is the easiest tell for me. Sure, reps generally have more visible flaws on close inspection but on the wrist bushing is a much more visble tell than a date font or hands. IWW used to do a geat job, but they are either no longer rep friendly or out of business...can't remember which. I'd never try it myself though...with a few exceptions, most of the DIY brushing jobs I've seen don't look all that great. If anyone has a good professional source you'd be doing repdom a huge service if you would post it!

QED - have done it myself to an AP rep that had lost its brush - use the kitchen scrub pads and some very fine grit emory paper and make sure to mask the dial with tape to protect iand work slowly - o luck and please share pics of the final result.