When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Oh Man, Anyone have $2700 to lend me?

I just broke the bank last month for a Maurice Lacroix and now our friend Zeetan has this limited edition mechanical alarm ML Masterpiece. It's #3 of 500, has a rebuilt and completely accesorized Schild manual wind movement (yes, one of the one's they salvaged when Schild went out of business in the 1970's and people were emptying defunct mechanical watch companies with a shovel and putting ebauche's into landfills!!!!!), and it's a friggin alarm!!!!!

Look at he damn dial and movement. I have an errection

214002-16136.jpg

214002-16137.jpg

The link is http://collectorstime.com/

I just broke the bank last month for a Maurice Lacroix and now our friend Zeetan has this limited edition mechanical alarm ML Masterpiece. It's #3 of 500, has a rebuilt and completely accesorized Schild manual wind movement (yes, one of the one's they salvaged when Schild went out of business in the 1970's and people were emptying defunct mechanical watch companies with a shovel and putting ebauche's into landfills!!!!!), and it's a friggin alarm!!!!!

Look at he damn dial and movement. I have an errection

214007-16129.jpg

214007-16130.jpg

The link is http://collectorstime.com/

Great Piece. You've got good taste. Too bad your bank account doesn't match it. My problem too. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Here's another shot of the ML 63 movement

214012-16128.jpg

And a bit more description. Looks like it was produced for the Asian market only

"Masterpiece Reveil AS1931" is the limited edition of alarm model equipped with AS 1931 by A.Shield.

A.Shield is a movement manufacturer existed during 1896 - 1978 in Switzerland. The AS1931 was produced in the early 1970's, but stopped production in 1974. This model is equipped with such a limited caliber refined.

Movement is decorated with Cote de Geneve, or perlage, and can be seen from the case back.

Limited production of 500 SS case and100 pcs. of 18KPG case. Individual numbered.

Manual winding movement with hand engraving decoration ML63 AS1931 base

Alarm function, date (pointer indication)

21,600 v/h, 17 jewels, 46 hours power reserve

Silver925 dial, guilloche decorated, blue steel hands

Case diameter 40mm, 3ATM water resistant

Yen 556,500 (tax incl.)

BTW about $4700 New

I am not familar with Lacroix. Is that a good buy?

/Tim

www.mauricelacroix.com

They are at the low end of the high luxury brands. Tough to compare them to their contemporaries in this spot; Rolex, Omega and Breitling because the make primarily, dress watches as opposed to tool watches. They're maybe a notch below Zenith. They've been around since the mid 70's and started selling in the US about 12 years ago. They are a true manufacture with their new chronograph movement that debuted at Basil 2006.

Just go ahead and buy it.. love it.. and when you go to sell it... bam.. you made a few bucks! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I actually tried this logic on my wife...but to no avail especially on the heels of spending $2300 on the Masterpiece Grand Guichet. I agree, as a LE with an out of production movement, this watch will only gain value.

www.mauricelacroix.com

They are at the low end of the high luxury brands. Tough to compare them to their contemporaries in this spot; Rolex, Omega and Breitling because the make primarily, dress watches as opposed to tool watches. They're maybe a notch below Zenith. They've been around since the mid 70's and started selling in the US about 12 years ago. They are a true manufacture with their new chronograph movement that debuted at Basil 2006.

ML used to do both cheap mass produced watches and a separate luxury line. Over the last 3 years they've moved to try to capture a piece of the resurgence of luxury watches by killing the cheopo line and kicking up the lux line w/ manufacture movements and gorgeous new models based on NOS movements. I think they look great and have seriously considered them. Their new in-house movement chrono is one of the best looking watches out there, IMO.

MMMMMMMMMM Good

Interesting thing about the ML106 movement. It's huge, about 36.5 mm and locks Maurice Lacroix into serving dish sized chronographs for a long time to come. They better hope the inevitable downsizing of these platter sized pieces doesn't leave them out in the cold. The have a Venus powered solid gold chrono that's so very classy.

214664-15929.jpg

"It looks like a plate full of worms" was her reaction.

Have you considered committing her to a mental asylum.......it only requires another family member.....and bingo....she's in a straitjacket....?

Edited by TTK

i like also Maurice Lacroix models

i have a project on work. Will rebuild a pocket watch in a wrist watch case and will overwork the genuine ML caliber from MASTER Jochen Benzinger.

Look here the pocket watch (limited) + Benzinger overworked ML movement (100% hand made)

i hope i can close this project on 2-3 month.

i like also Maurice Lacroix models

i have a project on work. Will rebuild a pocket watch in a wrist watch case and will overwork the genuine ML caliber from MASTER Jochen Benzinger.

Look here the pocket watch (limited) + Benzinger overworked ML movement (100% hand made)

i hope i can close this project on 2-3 month.

WOW!!!!!!!!