When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Panerai Movements

Maikel

Guest avitt

Yeah, Wow!

I was going to say that Panny's were finally going to be worth the asking price...But then I saw the prices for those watches :blink: The least expensive one is 22,000 Euro.

Great minds think alike!!!

Stay tuned Brian, today I disassembled my 104, and tomorrow it is supposed to get a new cyclops... :)

The new submersible is cool looking, but they need to make a version for US people that the gauge is in feet. :) The case back on the new diver's watch is pretty cool too. As for the watch on his wrist, it looked like some of the first versions of PVD reps we got that were too "black". :) I wonder if someone got him and sold him a first version rep. ;) BTW that was a nice find and thanks for sharing. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As for the watch on his wrist, it looked like some of the first versions of PVD reps we got that were too "black". :) I wonder if someone got him and sold him a first version rep. ;)

Really :lol:

It actually looks a PVD Fiddy... :g:

It never ceases to amaze me why anyone is impressed by this.. its a new in house movement.. big deal. Watch manufacturers were making movements that did all the same things as this one many decades ago, and they worked everything out on slide rules and paper, no CAD back then. And if that wasn't enough they made all the parts manually, with no computer driven machine to do the work for them.

And not only did they achieve all that, but they sold the watches for about the same price equivilent as a modern mid-range Seiko or similar. The fact that this new movement commands $22,000 says far about the gullibility of the Panerai customer than it does about Panerai's supposed watch making expertise.