When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

need help on sourcing a dial

sydneysider

hi guys,

I need help in sourcing a dial.

Am looking for a 6263/6265 dial for a v72 full gold project. I am looking for a black dial with gold subdials.

the matching hands would also be nice:)

If anyone can help, please let me know,

cheers,

Robbie

Saw a (pricey) gold on black on the bay a couple of days ago--I always wonder if any of those ebay old daytona dials are actually OEM. Have you tried PMing for a lead from ubiquitous, Nanug, or any of the other vintage Daytona experts?

Have you tried PMing for a lead from ubiquitous, Nanug, or any of the other vintage Daytona experts?

You assume these experts don't read this thread? Remember, every PM sent directly to someone's box is like ringing them at home. The best advice these experts would give you is to post a question to the forum. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Every answer posted here helps the community. Every PM answered helps one person.

ps. any chance of posting links to the auctions?

For a genuine PN dial for an 18k 6263/5, you're looking at around $14K - $20K US (yes, that's dial only) depending on condition. Now, keep in mind, this is for 100% genuine, original and untouched. Also keep in mind that the complete 6263/5 18K watch is selling in the six figure range as well. These dials are near impossible to source- High cost and a very competitive collector's market keeps items like these off the typical channels like eBay, etc. Same goes for hands as well.

Your best bet is to get a high quality aftermarket dial from eBay/CWP, etc. It won't be genuine, and it won't pass the eye of knowledgable collectors, but for a franken project, it should do the trick.