When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My experience of using Credit Card* on purchase

who

Since the downfall of PP we have to use some other payment method to make purchase, however many of them is either not widely available, charging too much service fees or not too convenience. We all know that the best way to make a purchase is using Credit Card (beside cash, of course) and to my best knowledge at least 2 of the rep dealers here is accepting credit card now.

I remember there's a debate whether we should use CC to buy rep, and I think most of our concern is can we trust the clearing agents they use.

Like some had already mentioned there's a new kinds of credit card which allow the user to make online purchase much safer than ever before. This type of CC give you a One-Time use CC number, your actual credit card number is never revealed to the merchant, so it can't be stolen from their files. Plus, each number can only be used with a single merchant, so it will be void if someone tries to use it elsewhere.

Since my bank offer the Virtual Account Number I decide to give it a try in my latest purchase from Andrew and I'm here to share my experience with you guys, in my case all I have to do is submit a request online thur my bank's website and immediately they sent me a "new" CC#, I then enter that "new number" + other info like shipping address, name into Andrew's website and DONE. The whole process is a snap, no phone call, no need to drive to the nearly WU office, everything done online. After the merchant process your transaction the CC# I just used will become invalid and YES you don't need to tell them that's a Virtual Acct number.

Many bank/credit card company offer this service for free and in case they don't both Visa and Mastercard offer "cash card" for a small fees (as low as $5). I believe from now on I will use the One-Time CC# on most of my online purchase (not just buying rep). It is so easy to use, offer extra protection and a peace of mind.

Btw, please don't get me wrong I do trust Andrew and his website. I just want to try some new stuff and hopefully my experience will help those seeking extra protection on their CC information when they make their next purchase online.

thanks for reading :)

****Disclaimer: I'm here to share my experience, by all mean I have no affiliation with Andrew or promoting his business****

I was hoping it was going to be that easy.

Usil

Trust me it is very easy to use and to my best knowledge bank like Citibank or MBNA/Bank of America are offer this free online.

Go check with your bank and CC company they may have it.

Since the downfall of PP we have to use some other payment method to make purchase, however many of them is either not widely available, charging too much service fees or not too convenience. We all know that the best way to make a purchase is using Credit Card (beside cash, of course) and to my best knowledge at least 2 of the rep dealers here is accepting credit card now.

I remember there's a debate whether we should use CC to buy rep, and I think most of our concern is can we trust the clearing agents they use.

Like some had already mentioned there's a new kinds of credit card which allow the user to make online purchase much safer than ever before. This type of CC give you a One-Time use CC number, your actual credit card number is never revealed to the merchant, so it can't be stolen from their files. Plus, each number can only be used with a single merchant, so it will be void if someone tries to use it elsewhere.

/quote]

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I've already used the cone-time CC number with both Andrew and Joshua. Couldn't be easier. In fact I've been a believer for a number of years. Wish all of our dealers could work with that type of payment. Would make life so much easier.

/Tim

Are there any free services of this type in the UK ?

I really don't think this type of service is for US market only, they may have something very similar in your region but just have a different name.

You best bet is contact your bank/CC company or log on to their website because sometimes you have to be the card owner to see the information.

Yes I made a purchase from Josh this month using a one time CC number from Bank of America very simple indeed. And like someone mentioned already I just wish other dealers offered this payment service, it's #1 IMO,even better than PP when that was working.

Who,

Great information. Very good to know, thanks for submitting your experiences using this form of payment. I will definitely look into the "one-time-use" CC number from my bank if available. Sounds like a great option for purchases, especially since WU has gotten so expensive (quoted $24 for a $54 money transfer!!!!. Unreal.) Used to be like $14 for a $250 transaction, now, it's so much more. Too bad ... I liked WU.

Regardless, thanks for the information. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Jeff

Are you serious WU charge $24 bux for transfer? Damn.....when I make my purchase I compare the final price by using cc to wu and I believe I actually have to pay $5 extra with the use of cc cuz dealer won't offer and discount like the "8% special WU rebate" but back then WU fees is only 14usd.

With the increase of WU fees....I don't see any reason not to use CC, especially my bank offer the virtual acct number for free. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

btw, in case your bank don't have it...you can try one of those VISA/Master cash card.