When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New Models/Improvements Slowing Down?

beanyboy

I noticed this year after the Chinese New Year holiday how slow new models are coming onto the dealers sites. In the past, this time of year through June has been the best time of the year for the introduction of new models and improvements on the old reliable one. Except for a few Breiltlings, I have noticed too much.

This may be a corallary on the string started a few weeks ago regarding how dealers are disapperaring.

My fear is that the Chinese government is starting to crack down making it harder to make and sell reps. My hope is that I just think this and in fact it's not true.

Any thoughts out there in replica land?

I noticed this year after the Chinese New Year holiday how slow new models are coming onto the dealers sites. In the past, this time of year through June has been the best time of the year for the introduction of new models and improvements on the old reliable one. Except for a few Breiltlings, I have noticed too much.

This may be a corallary on the string started a few weeks ago regarding how dealers are disapperaring.

My fear is that the Chinese government is starting to crack down making it harder to make and sell reps. My hope is that I just think this and in fact it's not true.

Any thoughts out there in replica land?

It's just you. Since CNY we've had the IWC Pilot Chrono, the improved PAM 199 and the improved Arktos, and those are just the models I am watching... there are probably others. I think this is going to be a good year for reps.

New Ferarri's, etc. New models are coming far faster over the last few months than ever before. The reason why you are seeing fewer second generations is that the first generation is getting better. Rep industry is not shrinking - quite the opposite. It has grown exponentially. It is only now gearing up for relatively rapid 1,000 piece runs based on the actual gens. What is suffering is quality control as a result as the factories are still learning. Heck, they are even beginning to develop dedicated movements. Too bad the ETA's are slowly disappearing just as the aesthetics are getting better.

I had a mail in few days we will see the ceramic bezel Hublot....and some more...so i think that its just you :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I am glad to hear it. I was thinking things were getting a little stale. But it's me. I have my eyes on the new Breitling Bentley gold model...so that will keep me happy for a while....