When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chronomat Evolution my next rep but which one?

montydog

Hi Peeps,

Right, next rep is going to be a chronomat evolution V2 from Josh and I've decided to go for strap rather than bracelet and I don't want subdials in a different colour to the face. But this still leaves these options and i can't decide. Can you pitch in with your opinions please, especially if you've bought one.

Face : white, blue or black?

Movement : Asian 7750 28,800 bph or Swiss for the extra $400

Markers : Numerals or stick markers

Thanks

Alan

i couldn't be happier with my white dial breitling chronomat evolution:

215390-15641.jpg

see more pics here....

note that the new (ultimate) version doesn't come in the numeral markers versions....

Thanks deltahoe...I'd looked at your photos earlier today. That really is the most beautiful watch and it looks an incredibly high quality rep. Is it asian or swiss movement and how have you found the accuracy to be?

Thanks

Alan

My past experiences with the Asian 7750 (new version) is that it is very reliable. In both the Navitimer and Omega SMP chrono examples, they have been extremely accurate and reliable. Accordingly, I would not want to spend an extra $400 for a Swiss unit.

I too am in the market for a EVO chrono, but am currently undecided as to whether I want a black one with the baton markers, or the one with the arabic numerals. The former looks more classy, but too often the batons are not aligned exactly right. The arabic numerals would be unique, but it doesn't glow in the dark. Does anyone have pictures of a black faced version with arabic numerals?

I would take the black face personally & as a matter of fact, that is what I am ordering...

For me a white face makes a watch appear larger, which for a big watch, not a good thing,...

as nothing is better, than something that seems ordinary, upon closer inspection is, extraordinary.

Thanks deltahoe...I'd looked at your photos earlier today. That really is the most beautiful watch and it looks an incredibly high quality rep. Is it asian or swiss movement and how have you found the accuracy to be?

Thanks

Alan

mine is the asian version; it is probably the most accurate rep that i own at the moment. i've had good luck with asian movements in general, and have several watches with the new asian 7750 movements, without any problems so far (knock on wood).

anyways, i think the white dial looks very classy on this particular breitling (particularly with a nice strap)...

good luck with your decision!

deltatahoe

I would take the black face personally & as a matter of fact, that is what I am ordering...

For me a white face makes a watch appear larger, which for a big watch, not a good thing,...

as nothing is better, than something that seems ordinary, upon closer inspection is, extraordinary.

I agree completely, but the white dial on the BCE goes beyond extraordinary :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks b16a2, that's usefull. How accurate have you found the swiss movement to be?

I haven't checked to see how it is running against a standardised clock. Il do it today and let you know. However, bear in mind each movement from the factory can vary.

Edited by b16a2

My Breitling Evolution from EL is perhaps the best made replica I own. It has the new Asian 7750 (28,000) and it has been very accurate and reliable. Even after the power reserve has run out it onll takes a few winds to start the constant second hand sweeping. I usually favour Swiss but this Asian is 1st rate.

TimeShare

People quibble about the accuracy of the graphite and grey dial versions, but in my opinion the differences from the gen are so small that you ought to simply get the version that appeals to you most. In my case that happened to be the grey dial and it is a stunning watch.