When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 111 rep on the bay - Already some poor soul is bidding

Category 5

H series, #35 out of 2000. Hmmm...I've seen this watch so many times! Wow, this one has an expensive steel bracelet attached, and the bidding is just over $2000. What a bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Panerai-PAM-111-LT...1QQcmdZViewItem

I wish people knew to investigate the source of feedback before assuming a positive rating ensures their safety. i've reported this one. So should you.

H series, #35 out of 2000. Hmmm...I've seen this watch so many times! Wow, this one has an expensive steel bracelet attached, and the bidding is just over $2000. What a bargain.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NIB-Panerai-PAM-111-LT...1QQcmdZViewItem

I wish people knew to investigate the source of feedback before assuming a positive rating ensures their safety. i've reported this one. So should you.

reported :thumbdown:

Almost 24 hours after i reported it for the first time...21 hours to go, and ebay still has it up there.

...yet I tried listing 2 gift cards at the same time and one was pulled within 5 minutes citing the policy "You may only sell 1 gift card in a 7 day period. Your auction has been removed"

I guess they want to get their commission before they take action.

I guess this one is a tough call for ebay as the guy is saying it's authentic, and there are no obvious giveaway signs unless you're into reps and know what to look for, BTW ebay don't wait for their commision before taking action because that would be pointless as all fees are refunded if an auction is cancelled after it ended, and no I don't work for ebay :D

how can one try to pass rep with asian unitas without full swan neck as gen? And the deal with that bracelet, if I am not wrong, a gen bracelet wouldnt even fit gen 111.

Im so sorry for the bidder, there are so uneducated men these days :(

how can one try to pass rep with asian unitas without full swan neck as gen? And the deal with that bracelet, if I am not wrong, a gen bracelet wouldnt even fit gen 111.

Im so sorry for the bidder, there are so uneducated men these days :(

I'm thinking the same thing. A gen s/s bracelet is over $5 g's and I believe I read somewhere that it is not compatible to the gen 111 casing.

Here is the response I received:

"Don't worry about it. I am not shipping outside the US anyway so you CAN'T bid. Therefore, your decision is made!"

Hence, no pictures of the back movement were sent to me.

What gives it away the most? I tried to copy the pic to word and blow it up as much as I could. Looks like a non-dagger needle and I can't even see the swan neck?

I e-mailed the seller asking them to provide a clear pic of the pic, and maybe I would bid ;)

BSAK

Bracelet issue, serial number, if you look VERY close i think it has a recessed cannon pin

I mean the whole fact that all of the pictures are poorly lit and not very close is kinda sketchy...

Edited by dak244

The serial # is a DEAD giveaway if you ask me. I mean there is only ONE #35 H series 11 out there. Funny how it comes up for sale so frequently on ebay.

I guess the bidder will probably not even know the difference when he gets the watch. He'll probably get nabbed when he takes it in for service.

i quess some rep manufacurer could be in posses of the gen :p anyway recessed canon pinion is truly a dead givaway. the ss bracelet is a one even more. Someone should PM that bider pointing out the obvious flaws before its to late! I dont have bay account so i am unable to do it myself.