When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Looking for a watch box

SenileCoot

I am looking for a nice, wooden watch box for about 6-8 watches. There are many nice and affordable boxes on Amazon, for example, but there is a problem. I have a fairly small wrist and need a box with soft cushions that give in easily. Without seeing these boxes in person, I can never be sure how soft their cushions are. I used to have a nice box that, sadly, had very stiff cushion that put way too much pressure on my bracelets. Has any of you come across a box might suit me?

I'm confused as to how a cushion can put pressure on a bracelet. But either way, there are boxes where the watches lay flat in drawers instead of wrapped around cushions.

The one I had wasn't "fully" cushioned. Rather, there was something hard (plastic perhaps) inside with a thin layer of something spongy covered with nice fabric. It looked pretty and kept its shape nicely but it would only give a few millimeters. It wouldn't compress enough for my bracelets. Thus, I am looking for a box with cushions that compress a good deal.

I bought mine from Bombay - a furniture store here in Canada.

Because the bracelets did not fit into the cushions as you said, I just plopped the watches inside with the bracelets open and let them dangle around in there... it's much easier that way.

i got this one on ebay a little while ago for about 45.00... shiping charges were bery high.. like 36 or something but still for 80 bucks or so, i thought it was nice

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...s_promot_widget

Winds 8 watches, and holds 4 others .

WOW... Gotta get me one too... :wub::thumbsupsmileyanim:

Is yours the rosewood one, Ubi? :huh:

Yessir... The rosewood is the one I have. The quality of the inside materials isn't exactly the best, per se. But for the price, I'm certainly not complaining :)

I also have one of these hand made boxes that a very generous gentleman from one of the gen forums built for me (back when I was collecting mostly gens). This one holds a very special place in my collection.

219156-14951.jpg

219156-14952.jpg

Yessir... The rosewood is the one I have. The quality of the inside materials isn't exactly the best, per se. But for the price, I'm certainly not complaining :)

I also have one of these hand made boxes that a very generous gentleman from one of the gen forums built for me (back when I was collecting mostly gens). This one holds a very special place in my collection.

Mouthwatering!! :tu: :tu:

I personally don't like watch winders. To me, if you need a winder, automatic watches are not for you! The fun in automatics is keeping them alive by winding them, wearing them... at least for me!

depends on how many watches or how much time (no pun intended) you have... but to each his or her own.