When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Pilot Chronograph 3717 Review

TmeShare

Looking at the mail from my mail box as I drive my BMW away, I notice that I have postal notice to pick up a parcel at the postal office, heart skips a beat, a watch has arrived!! A quick mental scan.....what watches have I ordered and which has likely arrived I bet it is the ..............................IWC Pilot Chronograph.................... from my friend the Unicorn (999 that is). Off to the post office and I gain and open the parcel in the parking lot and find...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..the much anticipated IWC pilot Chronograph on a bracelet (life is good, so many watches, so little time!!!!!!!!!!!). In my hand I am holding a watch that I lusted over when I held it at the IWC AD watch dealer.

The review.........:

Initial impressions:

Watch seemed small compared to my Panerai's, Breitlings' and AP reps........hold on, the case is not as small as I thought and the metal link bracelet looks bigger than I thought................its the thickness, not the case size that matters (its how you use it not the size).

Dial

The real plus on this watch. The watch dial is clean and crisp and has admiral illumination at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 areas as well as the hour and minute hands The story is that the real one was used to model this one, probably, and most evident.

Later, the same day I am sitting in another endless meeting and I am looking at the watch dial from the side and notice that the triangular marker at 12 and the rectangular markers at 3, 6 and 9 all are raised substantially .......like from the real dial, Wow very nice, hmmmm, accurate touch ( did I mention that the rumor is the that the real one was used as the model for the replica).

Bracelet

IWC obviously views the bracelet as something that should be adjustable without special tools and MUCH frustration. Push a button on the inside of the bracelet and slide out the pin.............no drama, no frustration.....................hug a German!! This has been reproduced without fault in the replica....................................................................the unicorn strikes again!!

Overall:

While I am use to larger watches the IWC Pilot Chronograph is semi-large, well done, and well worth the wait.

P.S. There are a couple of ways to deal with the delay: 1) oh my God its late OR 2) Man love a seller who takes the time, even with minor problems, to fix things and make it right.......................I will take the second reason every time.......Good on you Unicorn.......make it right before you ship it!!!!! We buyers want it all.........dead on accurate and right away....too bad so sad , life is not perfect............good on ya Unicorn and to quote Al Pacino........Whoooah (if its spelt wrong so what, get a life and buy a IWC Pilot Chrono and move out of your parents basement)!!!!! WHOOOAH!!

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare

Looking at the mail from my mail box as I drive my BMWa away, I notice that I have a postal notice to pick up a parcel at the postal office, heart skips a beat, a watch has arrived!! A quick mental scan.....what watches have I ordered and which has likely arrived I bet it is the ..............................IWC Pilot Chronograph.................... from my friend the Unicorn (999 that is). Off to the post office and I gain and open the parcel in the parking lot and find...............,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,..the much anticipated IWC pilot Chronograph on a bracelet (life is good, so many watches, so little time!!!!!!!!!!!). In my hand I am holding a watch that I lusted over when I held it at the IWC AD watch dealer.

The review.........:

Initial impressions:

Watch seemed small compared to my Panerai's, Breitlings' and AP reps........hold on, the case is not as small as I thought and the metal link bracelet looks bigger than I thought................its the thickness, not the case size that matters (its how you use it not the size).

Dial

The real plus on this watch. The watch dial is clean and crisp and has admiral illumination at the 12, 3, 6, and 9 areas as well as the hour and minute hands The story is that the real one was used to model this one, probably, and most evident.

Later, the same day I am sitting in another endless meeting and I am looking at the watch dial from the side and notice that the triangular marker at 12 and the rectangular markers at 3, 6 and 9 all are raised substantially .......ike from the real dial, Wow very nice, hmmmm, accurate touch ( did I mention that the rumor is the that the real one was used as the model for the replica).

Bracelet

IWC obviously views the bracelet as something that should be adjustable without special tools and MUCH frustration. Push a button on the inside of the bracelet and slide out the pin.............no drama, no frustration.....................hug a German!! This has been reproduced without fault in the replica....................................................................the unicorn strikes again!!

Overall:

While I am use to larger watches the IWC Pilot Chronograph is semi-large, well done, and well worth the wait.

P.S. There are a couple of ways to deal with the delay: 1) oh my God it late OR 2) Man love a seller who takes the time, even with minor problems, to fix things and make it right.......................I will take the second reason every time.......Good on you Unicorn.......make it right before you ship it!!!!! We buyers want it all.........dead on accurate and right away....too bad so sad , life is not perfect............good on ya Unicorn and to quote Al Pacino........Whoooah (if its spelt wrong so what, get a life and buy a IWC Pilot Chrono and move out of your parents basement)!!!!! WHOOOAH!!

TimeShare

Edited by TmeShare