When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag SLR Automatic with black date window

Tag Man

I see a lot of information about the quartz SLR reps out there (and owned one until about a week ago), but I was very surprised when an international flight attendant friend of mine brought me back a black automatic SLR with the correct black date window. Does anyone know anything about this rep?

The day chrono is set by a hidden pusher at 8:00, and the date is set with the 3:00 pusher. It has a really tight fitting (around the case) leather band that is marked as Tag on the leather and on the buckle. I has a mineral glass crystal. The case is about 44mm and its about 50mm crown to crown. The inner bezel rotates if you turn the 9:00 crown. I dont know what movement it has or what it might be worth. Do any dealers sell this watch?

219550-14869.jpg

219550-14870.jpg

219550-14871.jpg

219550-14872.jpg

She also gave me a white faced SLR Automatic with blue rings around the 3 and 9 sub dials. It has a red hand on the 6:00 (military time) sub dial. and it came on a LINK bracelet. The case is about 42mm and its about 48mm crown to crown. The white one has a saphire crystal. I know its a fantasy watch, but it looks pretty good! Here is a picture of the white one:

219550-14873.jpg

They are both pretty nice watches. I am thinking of listing them in the Trade section and could probably get more of them if there was any interest. Any information about these reps would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tag Man

Hi Tagman,

never seen the black SLR with correct date and auto movement before. I own a Quartz one, as you know : very happy with it, but inaccurate.

What's the price of such a watch in the place you got in from ?

I will follow you in the trade section, should the trade happen.

A beauty :-)

BTW, would you mind taking a pic of the back ?

Yes, I saw that thread from last year. But this watch is a little different, as it does not say "Automatic" on the dial and mine does have the 9:00 crown. Its really nice, but I cant seem to take my Link Chrono off my wrist so its not getting any wear....

Yep that was my thread from last year.

Actually had more problems with the Merc than the watch :rolleyes::lol: Movt is a standard Asian 21j auto and was a below-the-counter item from one of our (now infamous) dealers :whistling: Was inexpensive (less than 100 of US monopoly money) and I was considering buying the gen at the time, so worth a punt I felt. Still running fine too. The black datewheel, flush date window, and accurate 'automatic' dial outweighed the missing 9 crown I felt. Believe the quartz used the same spec case but with 9 crown so you could always swap the case if so inclined....I wasn't.

Talking of the SLR, have you seen the new 'butch' version just out - below??? Apart from the rubber strap which is nice (although gives a PO look), the rest...well, me not likey, the subdials detail a bit too 'busy', the opened up date window (a design feature that is increasingly common, god knows why!) and the fussy bezel jut look a little too trying <_< . Also not sure what's going on with that Breit-style bracelet??? :blink: Sheesh....

225003-13508.png225003-13509.png