When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC Product placement in film "Firewall"

trillian

Went to see the Harrison Ford film "Firewall" last night and there was a gratuitous fullscreen closeup of a black-face IWC at some stage. I'm a newbie so can't tell you which model but as usual with IWC, a lovely clean and simple design. One of the pilot-y ones.

Hope this isn't the start of a big media campaign to make IWC trendy. I like to think that my GST Ti rep shows me as the kind of sleazy ne'er-do-well who tries to pass himself off as sophisticated european millionaire, not the kind of sleazy ne'er-do-well who tries to pass himself off as some ghastly nouveau-riche millionaire. :p

Before anyone starts, I'm not passing anything off as real. I love the watch, that's all. If I wanted to lie about it I'd have chosen a rep that someone (other than you lot on here of course) might actually recognise...

The IWC in that movie is the Mark XV.

Unfortunately IWC has been moving in that direction, but business wise, it is probably the right thing to do. They do need to sell watches. ;) I don't think it is a big media campaign, but they are following some trends these days.

Yes, I'm with you on that one, the Mk 15 is just a watch, pure and simple.

i've only seen the trailer, and even there it did feature. wonder why they didn't place the new mark xvi (what an ugly [censored] :blink: )

Edited by Hok

Guest HeWhoIsLikeGod
An IWC gets some big close ups in Lucky Number Slevin as well, no idea what model it is though. Bruce Willis wears a Panerai in this film also, couldn't catch what model but it had a stainless/Ti bracelet IIRC.

Here are a couple pictures from the movie, Lucky Number Slevin.\

20623-2342.jpg

20623-2343.jpg

20623-2344.jpg

20623-2345.jpg