When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Omega Crystals

triplehd

Measuring a spare Omega crystal (062 SA 3008) I happen to have shows it to be 30.52mm diameter and 2.57mm thick.

Thinking about getting some spares just in case there's another A/R Run. Found a place where the crystals are relatively cheap. So, I think I'll be safe if I order a couple 30.5mm in diameter and 2.5mm thick - flat (not domed).

Thanks Krusty !

Thinking about getting some spares just in case there's another A/R Run. Found a place where the crystals are relatively cheap. So, I think I'll be safe if I order a couple 30.5mm in diameter and 2.5mm thick - flat (not domed).

Thanks Krusty !

The gens are not flat. There is a slight curvature to them. As well, the AR coating is almost not noticable. This is the crystal used on my gen SMP Chrono as well, and its AR is barely noticable - most unlike the genuine PO.

Thanks Krusty !

AR run getting underway now... See my post in the Repair and Upgrade forum. :)

The gens are not flat. There is a slight curvature to them. As well, the AR coating is almost not noticable. This is the crystal used on my gen SMP Chrono as well, and its AR is barely noticable - most unlike the genuine PO.

It's noticeable when you compare it to a domed crystal without any coating that picks up reflections from all over the room. :D

It's noticeable when you compare it to a domed crystal without any coating that picks up reflections from all over the room. :D

Chief- Do you recommend a flat crystal or a domed crystal?

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

The size for these crystals are 30.5mm and 2.5mm diameter. You can get an authentic Omega crystal from Ofrei - but it will run ya about $150. I beleive it's single sided A/R. I picked one up a generic single-side A/R saphire crystal from Krysworks for about $70. They sell non A/R cyrstals for about $45. Send it to Cheif and get it double A/R.

Edit to the post above - Krsyworks only has flat crystals that measure 2.5mm in depth. Their domed crystals only measure 2mm.

Another option is to PM the dealers.

Guest jagleaso
The size for these crystals are 30.5mm and 2.5mm diameter. You can get an authentic Omega crystal from Ofrei - but it will run ya about $150. I beleive it's single sided A/R. I picked one up a generic single-side A/R saphire crystal from Krysworks for about $70. They sell non A/R cyrstals for about $45. Send it to Cheif and get it double A/R.

Thank you SOOO much

Guest jagleaso
Many thanks triplehd,

did you buy a flat crystal?

If chieftang agrees, i can buy it get it shipped to him and then get it coated.

Do you guys have any idea where we can source one of these domed crystals?

I tried andrew but he says he cannot get them. Any other ideas?

Many thanks triplehd,

did you buy a flat crystal?

I bought one flat for my Omega Qmatic - it's an 21j movement from Silix. The original crystal that came with the watch was flat. So, no worries about swapping it with a sapphire flat crystal.

Just got me an 21j Omega SMP 2254 (damn Angela from Ioffer couldn't come through for me). I bought a single sided A/R crystal from Krysworks for the watch (if it was ETA - then it would have gotten the double A/R treatment from Cheif.

Do you guys have any idea where we can source one of these domed crystals?

I tried andrew but he says he cannot get them. Any other ideas?

Try others like Silix......:)

Jules Borel has sapphire crystals that 30.4 in diameter and I beleive 2.4mm in depth.