When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The movie "300" And Leonidas!

elprimerozen

Like Gladiator, Troy or Alexander? :whistling:

I thought Gladiator was one of the best movies I've ever seen. I thought the other two sucked!!!!!!!!! Maybe they might make a movie about the battle of Marathon(which doesn't get the attention it deserves, maybe because it was Athenians, who knows?), or maybe a movie about Carthage's war on Rome, etc.. HBO's Rome is a pretty damn good series right now!

In case you ask, yes, I like Gladiator movies and Greco/Roman wrestling, and yes, I've seen a grown man naked, but no, I've never been in a Turkish prison.

I thought Gladiator was one of the best movies I've ever seen. I thought the other two sucked!!!!!!!!!

True, but it doesn't hide the fact we've had 4 roman/greek movies in the last few years. Keep 'em coming!

But yes, they truly sucked and Gladiator truly didn't. :D

What Neil said, but with much, much less enthusiasm.*

For those who want to see it in streaming video:

Part 1:

http://files.filefront.com/6996141

Part 2:

http://files.filefront.com/6996843

*Yes for the principles and ideals - who could argue - but a big 'no' to all the rest - perhaps with the exception of the Queen's speech in front of the Spartan Council. Not wanting to [censored] on anyone's parade, but as a film, it just didn't work for me. Too many reasons to go into, but hey, if you liked it, that's fine!

It's all good.... :victory:

I saw the film today.. I liked it nto as a Greek but as a fan of Cinema and especially photography and on films...

The visul result was indeed very nice although sometimes reminded thought that the director was a BIG fan of Lord Of The Rings ;)

I am not sure how that video streaming thing is possible, but I watched the whole thing.

I can see why some would take exception to certain parts of it, but it's a movie, not a historical documentary, so I think a little artistic latitude is OK. Even so, I thought the movie stuck to the facts much better than many movies that claim to be historical.

I wonder, does anyoine else remember the original of this movie? That must have been from the 60's. It was one of the best flicks that I recall from those days.

Anyway, thanks for the links.

Bill

What Neil said, but with much, much less enthusiasm.*

For those who want to see it in streaming video:

Part 1:

http://files.filefront.com/6996141

Part 2:

http://files.filefront.com/6996843

*Yes for the principles and ideals - who could argue - but a big 'no' to all the rest - perhaps with the exception of the Queen's speech in front of the Spartan Council. Not wanting to [censored] on anyone's parade, but as a film, it just didn't work for me. Too many reasons to go into, but hey, if you liked it, that's fine!

It's all good.... :victory:

The original was from 1962 starring Richard Egan as Leonidas....Sir Ralph Richardson as Thermistocles and the wonderful David Farrar as Xerxes.....it was a typical sword and sandals epic of the time....sticking more or less to the accepted facts......but historically wrong in many ways.......most noticeable was the helmets worn.....which were Roman in design......very different from greek helmets........but I was 10 years old when I saw it and absolutely loved it......Richard Egan brought a real sense of heroism to the role....great movie given that it's 45 years old....!

Great movie.

Good to see some persian ass whoping.

We Spartans have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans: the finest soldiers the world has ever known

Great movie.

Good to see some persian ass whoping.

We Spartans have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans: the finest soldiers the world has ever known

Brought to you by some of the worst directing, acting and special effects the world has ever seen. :Jumpy:

Brought to you by some of the worst directing, acting and special effects the world has ever seen. :Jumpy:

I saw the movie for what it was lots of special effects and such but again i now what to expect and it was good very good for my taste.

I like movies such as Natural born killers,Goodfellas,Blow,Heat,Kill Bill,Sin City,many Japanse movies are also on my fav list.

300 is way down on my top 20 list but a great movie it was. :victory:

I saw the movie for what it was lots of special effects and such but again i now what to expect and it was good very good for my taste.

I like movies such as Natural born killers,Goodfellas,Blow,Heat,Kill Bill,Sin City,many Japanse movies are also on my fav list.

Hey, whatever!

I noticed ISHTAR is missing from your list. A must see if you like sleeping!