When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex DateJust Lady Review

chrgod

There are not many reviews of ladies watches here, and certainly not of the lady Rolexes. I thought that it was right to make a short review of this lady DateJust that I bought for a friend of mine. I tried to convince her that an Explorer I or II was a cool watch for a girl, but she insisted on a DJ.

So, I shopped around for lady DJ reps.. and found this model from Ruby. According to her it is the most recent lady DateJust model. It looked good in pictures. As usual, communication was good and the watch arrived after some weeks.

220723-14551.jpg

Crisp text on the dial, and nice date magnification. Correct date font as well, as far as I know.

I was very pleasant surprised. It feels very right and the pearl-effect on the dial is striking! The jubilee-band has nice solid endlinks, with engravings. The ETA movement sits well in the case and feels smooth to operate. Datefonts looks good.

220723-14552.jpg

220723-14553.jpg

220723-14554.jpg

Engravings on the inside of the endlinks. Not very well made, but they are there..

The movement is one of the smaller ETA calibres, with nicely exceuted Rolex-engraving on the rotor.

220723-14555.jpg

220723-14556.jpg

There are also all the engravings between the lugs and inside the caseback, as on all the high-end Rolex-reps!

220723-14557.jpg

220723-14558.jpg

220723-14559.jpg

Very nice sticker on the back.

220723-14560.jpg

As on many other reps, it is wise to thighten the bracelet screws. I forgot to do that before I delivered it on, and after a few days one of the screws was lost.. :( A new screw was un-obtainable, but a local watchmaker made a nice repair.

All in all a very nice watch, if you like the style. The pearlage effects really makes it stand out :) In fact a second female friends wants one just like it.

My dearly beloved's first rep was a TT Datejust w/ the white dial from Paul. It has been an excellent watch with the small 2761 eta movt. She liked it so much, she went out and bought a gen on ebay for under $2K. Now the rep just sits in the drawer. Ironically, the rep works better than the gen (even after the gen has been serviced). I think it's the damn axle rotor in the Rolex- the Achilles heel- doesn't allow the full winding of the movement. My gen 1680 has the same problem, back to the watchmaker we go. None of my reps have this problem.

You can't beat these Ladies ETA DJ reps as far as I'm concerned, they're just a great deal (or the men's for that matter).

My dearly beloved's first rep was a TT Datejust w/ the white dial from Paul. It has been an excellent watch with the small 2761 eta movt. She liked it so much, she went out and bought a gen on ebay for under $2K. Now the rep just sits in the drawer. Ironically, the rep works better than the gen (even after the gen has been serviced). I think it's the damn axle rotor in the Rolex- the Achilles heel- doesn't allow the full winding of the movement. My gen 1680 has the same problem, back to the watchmaker we go. None of my reps have this problem.

You can't beat these Ladies ETA DJ reps as far as I'm concerned, they're just a great deal (or the men's for that matter).

Yes these litle bastards work perfect!!!