When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Swiss or Asian 7750 Chronomat Evolution Movement

warburg

I'm thinking of buying a Chronomat Evolution and I see that there is an approximately $400 difference in price between replicas with Swiss and Asian 7750 movements. What I'm wondering is why there is this great price difference and whether it's really worthwhile spending so much more for the Swiss movement. :unsure:

I bought the Asian movement. It does work well. I am swapping movements though. The movement alone costs from $150-$250 and installation is another $50-100 so if you want Swiss it can make sense to spend that much. I will tell you how the swap works out. You do need a watchsmith who can handle the necessary hand adjustments though.

I bought the Asian movement. It does work well. I am swapping movements though. The movement alone costs from $150-$250 and installation is another $50-100 so if you want Swiss it can make sense to spend that much. I will tell you how the swap works out. You do need a watchsmith who can handle the necessary hand adjustments though.

In the graphite dial, brown strap model on Joshua's site that I'm considering, the difference between the Asian and Swiss works is $340, so it seems more practical to simply buy the Swiss model than to switch works. :unsure:

That's the view I took. To save hassle in the future, I went for the Swiss

ME TOO :thumbsupsmileyanim:

... and i do not regret it. The feeling when i set the hour or quick date change is far beter. Furthermore the date change @ 24:00 is more accurate. In addition, there is much more watchsmith who will be able to work on it in the future (in case off) than on the asian movement (much more pieces,wheels, pinion,... available, standart layout, etc...)

Just my 2 cents

Xel B)

Edited by xelorrolex

Well, after considering many opinions, I decided on the Swiss, although one prominent dealer on these boards who sells both versions told me that the Swiss was "a rip off." There is so much disagreement that I thought it best to choose the safest path, despite the expense. :rolleyes: