When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Ceramic Bezel

rogerthat

I have hear rumors about an April release of the HBB 2nd run with a Ceramic Bezel.

Black I asuume, not sure if will be like the black magic or just the round bezel will be black ceramic.

Has a high rumored stickered price of $600 I believe, with the asia 7750.

Anyone have confirmation of this, did the rumor start from Angus?

Very interested in this watch, but I am impatient as usual.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

M

will be out with swiss 7750

or only with asian 7750????????

My understanding of this watch is that they cannot place a Swiss 7750 in it, therefore you're left with the A7750. I think the Asian 7750 is a fine movement as long as you limit it to 2 or fewer sub dials, and neither one should be at 6. I have a couple of Panerai watches with the A7750 in it and they are dead on, but, would I trust that movement on a 3 sub dial watch? Not in my life time, no! As good as it looks, and it does look good, I'd never touch it. Tim

@K4TJP

I think you are confusing the number of sub dials with their position as it relates to reliability. The Asian 7750 is a pretty good movement with 1,2 or 3 sub dials so long as they are in the original positions for the movement. The problem with the movement in watches like the Daytona and the recent IWC's is the transfer gears on the running seconds used to move the sub dial positions, and thus replicate other non-7750 movements.

The 6pm sub dial is not usually the cause of major 7750 problems, at worst it usually just runs all the time which does not stop the watch. The "seconds at 6" daytona is the notorious one as it transfers the running seconds down to the 6pm position.

Regarding a Swiss Big Bang I can't see any reason it can't be done. The real Big Bang uses a swiss 7750 movement, Not a 7753. They in fact have a transfer gear for the Minute counter just like the Asian 7750 uses in many reps. I have a picture if anyones interested.

This also means the sunken date is actually correct for the Big Bang

@K4TJP

I think you are confusing the number of sub dials with their position as it relates to reliability. The Asian 7750 is a pretty good movement with 1,2 or 3 sub dials so long as they are in the original positions for the movement. The problem with the movement in watches like the Daytona and the recent IWC's is the transfer gears on the running seconds used to move the sub dial positions, and thus replicate other non-7750 movements.

The 6pm sub dial is not usually the cause of major 7750 problems, at worst it usually just runs all the time which does not stop the watch. The "seconds at 6" daytona is the notorious one as it transfers the running seconds down to the 6pm position.

Regarding a Swiss Big Bang I can't see any reason it can't be done. The real Big Bang uses a swiss 7750 movement, Not a 7753. They in fact have a transfer gear for the Minute counter just like the Asian 7750 uses in many reps. I have a picture if anyones interested.

This also means the sunken date is actually correct for the Big Bang

I misspoke, and, yes, you're right on that. Please excuse that portion of the post. However, the other factors concerning the HHB are spot on. I've been told on more than one occasion, and by presumed experts on this subject, that the Swiss 7750 isn't compatible with the casing, thus the switch to the Swiss movement is a no go. It's a curious thing, or, it is to me, that the mfg'er could put forth such grand efforts into making a near copy of the HHB, yet, forego the engine that runs it. Sort of a like, -- all show and no go. Kind of like a BMW 750 series car with an Opel engine in it. Makes no sense. Tim

Is that a matte or polished ceramic bezel? As I mentioned to Angus in a post some time ago, the polished bezel is the right one to produce if only one finish is made, as the matte was made to be available in the Asian market only, and another member said that the matte bezel is now a special order item worldwide, but the main black ceramic bezel is polished.

There are 2 for sale now:

1 with brushed black ceramic bezel and solid black dial

1 with polished black ceramic bezel and carbon fiber dial.

I likely will get the polished version, the other is not like the gen;

but I will likely not be the first to do so.

Hope there will be some reviews on this site in a week or 2, to see if it justifies the price.

I think some preordered from Angus, so we should hear soon.

Cheers,

M

I wish they would have fixed the 3 o'clock subdial with misaligned 10 and 20. I was at and AD over the weekend and heard a salesperson give a speech why someone should never purchase a watch outside of an AD. She gave the example of the HBB. Said that it as so accurate that 99% of people wouldn't notice, but if you know what to look for, it is easy to spot.

That being said, I would have purchased another one if this problem had been fixed or if they had made the ceramic bracelet. AD charging $2300 (discounted rate) for the genuine.

I wish they would have fixed the 3 o'clock subdial with misaligned 10 and 20. I was at and AD over the weekend and heard a salesperson give a speech why someone should never purchase a watch outside of an AD. She gave the example of the HBB. Said that it as so accurate that 99% of people wouldn't notice, but if you know what to look for, it is easy to spot.

That being said, I would have purchased another one if this problem had been fixed or if they had made the ceramic bracelet. AD charging $2300 (discounted rate) for the genuine.

What do you mean discounted rate? The genuine is close to 12k?

very nice watch..but with the caseback without the material engraving..i will just wait ..and see

No material engraving is correct for the SS/SS bezel model. There may have also been some with ceramic bezel without the engravings. The big bang is an evolving model, there have been many production changes since they first came out. Much of it has to do with switching suppliers from many components as most of the watch is not made from in-house parts, but instead basically assembled by hublot.

Guest Sql_pl

Nice watch.

But a regular SS/Ceramic is just too similar to the SS/SS one I already have.

So I will just wait for them to make a RG/Ceramic... or I'll go for the Mellow Yellow :) :)