When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Just Got Bentley Awesome Rep One Issue Though, Help

Lee

If you look really close at the picture there's a secret hidden message in there showing where he got it, don't give up just keep studying the photo and you'll see it ;)

ha ha...your right, i guess i was mesmerized by the beauty of the watch

Yowza... That's called the crown not the dial, so ya know

the other buttons stop and start the chronograph functions of the watch.

Bentley watch, mustang sig.

Lee, are you a car guy?

Thanks guys for the help. I wish there were instructions w/ it. O well I have no Idea what the push button does at the bottom. Yes I am a car guy, that is my car 2003 Saleen Cobra (My baby). I got the watch from Trusty. Fast shipping. I am having a minor problem though. I was messing with the big "Dial" (Haha) around the watch that moves. I think that is used to tell how much air is left in oxygen tanks for diving. But it is coming loose. Is there a way to tighten it up?

Thanks guys for the help. I wish there were instructions w/ it. O well I have no Idea what the push button does at the bottom. Yes I am a car guy, that is my car 2003 Saleen Cobra (My baby). I got the watch from Trusty. Fast shipping. I am having a minor problem though. I was messing with the big "Dial" (Haha) around the watch that moves. I think that is used to tell how much air is left in oxygen tanks for diving. But it is coming loose. Is there a way to tighten it up?

Lee,

Remember you bought a Navitimer and Navitimer are Pilots' watch, not a divers watch!!!! The dial is a slide rule and its used like a calculator.....these system are for the engineering/mathematics geniuses! Pilots use them to calculate fuel, distance, blah..blah...blah during their flight. Never, never mistake this as a divers watch and dive with it, you're gonna be sorry!!!

Edited by HikeUSA

Lee,

Remember you bought a Navitimer and Navitimer are Pilots' watch, not a divers watch!!!! The dial is a slide rule and its used like a calculator.....these system are for the engineering/mathematics geniuses! Pilots use them to calculate fuel, distance, blah..blah...blah during their flight. Never, never mistake this as a divers watch and dive with it, you're gonna be sorry!!!

Im not trying to dive w/ it but if I wear it while swimming in a pool or something am i going to be screwed?

Im not trying to dive w/ it but if I wear it while swimming in a pool or something am i going to be screwed?

Maybe, maybe not.....but based on my experience, I will suggest not to do it koz if it happens, then you have an aquarium in your wrist! And it cost to ship it back to China and then the agonizing wait.....and wait.......wait! But then again, maybe you dont care about the watch after that!

I only wear my Navitimer TT (and AP RO/RG) as a dress watch now!!!! Wind it once a week.....and maybe wear it once a month.....

I use my PAMs as my daily wear watch.....and sneak in my HBB once in awhile. I cant even remember when I wore my Gens last?

Good luck my friend!

Lee,

Actually, the Bentley is not a pilot watch. While the Navitimer slide rule is set up to measure things like airspeed, fuel rate, eta, etc., you will notice that the Bentley bezel is quite different. I believe it is set up to measure such things as acceleration. It is in fact a "automotive" watch, not a pilots piece.

Lee,

If you push the top pusher button once, it will start the chronograph. pushing it again stops the chrono. Pushing the bottom pusher button resets all the chrono windows to zero. The suggestions of the experts here are to let the chrono run for awhile once you start it, and don't overdo it...or, you'll have more problems.

Nice watch (and nice rod)

Deen