When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mixing Cuban cigars, rolex, and breitling

NaviChief

NIce collection of stogies there. I currently have 2 of the Opus X one of the best cigars on the market IMO and they are dominican, half box of Arturo Fuente 858, several cohibas and Montecristo Habana. I like those Partagas as well. Very nice with the maduro wrapper.

Funny thing happened on sunday. I was at Ft lauderdale beach having lunch with my girl and a friend. this old cuban guy comes to the table ans offers cuban cigars. I ask for Romeo y Julieta Churchills and he pulls a few from the bag. 3 for $20.00 he says. Well, I know this is a $15 to $20 cigar and look at them closely. The wrappers were very inconsistent and the band was a light brown not the shiny gold leaf it should be. I tell him they are fake and he pulls out a sealed box and says oh yeah well does this look fake? Then he pulls out a box of Cohiba esplendidos with a glass top and says what about this? I remembered an article I read in Cigar Afficianado that simply said Cohiba never made a box with a glass top. 100% fake. Although I was wearing my rep pam 251, I don't think I would get equal enjoyment from a fake cigar.

Funny thing happened on sunday. I was at Ft lauderdale beach having lunch with my girl and a friend. this old cuban guy comes to the table ans offers cuban cigars. I ask for Romeo y Julieta Churchills and he pulls a few from the bag. 3 for $20.00 he says. Well, I know this is a $15 to $20 cigar and look at them closely. The wrappers were very inconsistent and the band was a light brown not the shiny gold leaf it should be. I tell him they are fake and he pulls out a sealed box and says oh yeah well does this look fake? Then he pulls out a box of Cohiba esplendidos with a glass top and says what about this? I remembered an article I read in Cigar Afficianado that simply said Cohiba never made a box with a glass top. 100% fake. Although I was wearing my rep pam 251, I don't think I would get equal enjoyment from a fake cigar.

I bet that guy sells plenty of them, I would think few are as observent or knowledgable as you were in that situation. The only thing that would have stopped me is that "too good to be true" sensation. At least with watches that feeling sometimes actually holds!

Stay away from the Cohibas with the glass top boxes , their nothing but sawdust , hair and donkey manure !

Cohibas where never wrapped in plastic or in glass top boxes , tell me , does the glass top box have a little bottle of water in it , if so I have friend that bought a box and they were sitting out in the sun , the top layer was 3 shades lighter than the bottom and there was some kind of sprayed in cedar cent stuck in the box , what a mess !

Zed

230782-12147.jpg