When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB with Ceramic bezel is out now

AMK000

At that price I assume it is ceramic. It looks good though. I have not bought one yet and had two basic questions. Does this version usually come with white datewheel (versus black one) and have the movements in the reps been working fine? I had previously thought there had been only one or two limited versions with white datewheel and that was the basic giveaway on the reps as that edition had a total of 500 pieces. Be gentle as I know nothing about Hublot. The ceramic version is intriguing although $600 for an A7750 rep seems steep. Oh well, whatever the market will bear.

At that price I assume it is ceramic. It looks good though. I have not bought one yet and had two basic questions. Does this version usually come with white datewheel (versus black one) and have the movements in the reps been working fine? I had previously thought there had been only one or two limited versions with white datewheel and that was the basic giveaway on the reps as that edition had a total of 500 pieces. Be gentle as I know nothing about Hublot. The ceramic version is intriguing although $600 for an A7750 rep seems steep. Oh well, whatever the market will bear.

There are both, white and black datewheel versions, but steel case black ceramic bezel is only coming with the CF dial, the other one (which has the same dial as the steel bezel version) is fantasy...

Either of the Wonder-Twins'

LOL! 600$ for a replica...wake up, wake up....

There are both, white and black datewheel versions, but steel case black ceramic bezel is only coming with the CF dial, the other one (which has the same dial as the steel bezel version) is fantasy...

LOL! 600$ for a replica...wake up, wake up....

$600... must be an April fool!

This watch comes with both white and black datewheel, and both versions do exist. I've seen a black datewheel and white datewheel one at my Hublot AD in Toronto. Earlier production runs had white datewheels, and more recent ones I've seen are coming up with black datewheels. Nonetheless, they are accurate. :)

By the way, only the CF dial for the Ceramic is accurate as far as I know. I've never seen one with a plain dial, but the brushed Ceramic bezel on that one is quite interesting.

I also think the expense for this one may be due to the intricate shaping of the Ceramic bezel, if you notice the edge patterns are quite complex. I've contacted King to price this one, because she normally ends up cheaper than the rest.

This watch comes with both white and black datewheel, and both versions do exist. I've seen a black datewheel and white datewheel one at my Hublot AD in Toronto. Earlier production runs had white datewheels, and more recent ones I've seen are coming up with black datewheels. Nonetheless, they are accurate. :)

By the way, only the CF dial for the Ceramic is accurate as far as I know. I've never seen one with a plain dial, but the brushed Ceramic bezel on that one is quite interesting.

I also think the expense for this one may be due to the intricate shaping of the Ceramic bezel, if you notice the edge patterns are quite complex. I've contacted King to price this one, because she normally ends up cheaper than the rest.

Hublot lets you buy the bezel seperate. I saw a post on tz where a guy was quoted 900 for the ceramic bezel because he wanted the plain dial with ceramic.

A beautiful rep, but with all due respect how do you guys get past the continual QC issues, particularly the reliability problems with the movement?

I've been collecting reps for a while now, and I honestly can't understand why that is so readily accepted. What am I'm missing? Seriously, I don't get it.

I kind of like the CF version. But I can wait until the price drops. I really REALLY do not need any more watch (but can always make room for one more). Wonder if the rotor is still a sticker.

Maybe I'll make this the first watch I buy from Neil.

/Tim

I love the ceramic bezel, but it's not hugely preferable over the SS bezel version for me. I was worried that the price of the SS version was going to crash after this version came out, as I have a SS one on the way and wondered if it was a bad time to be buying.

I'm still a little mixed about the cost. If it doesn't really blow me away, then it would be hard to justify keeping it. You could recover most of your money I'd imagine if you didn't like it and put it up on the sale board.

I wonder if a group buy could get this down to $500?

A beautiful rep, but with all due respect how do you guys get past the continual QC issues, particularly the reliability problems with the movement?

I've been collecting reps for a while now, and I honestly can't understand why that is so readily accepted. What am I'm missing? Seriously, I don't get it.

The movement is good. Read The Zigmeister's review. He was very favorable towards the new 28800 bph version. It is the rest of the watch that will have QC issues.

/Tim

I think The Zigmeister qualified his comments on the new 7750 by saying that it requires servicing to be considered 'solid'. Anecdotally, there is still a significant % of complaints on the board about the new movement failing. Also keeping in mind it's only been out now for about a year...so any 'time-tested' reliability questions are still borderline based on the age of the movement.

The darkside got the jump on this discussion. No one seems particularly happy with the price of this one, even though there was prior warning from Angus. I'm torn on this one as far as both sides of the discussion. Some people are critical, others can justify it.

If you look at Angus's pic of the rep HBB broken down, it is clear this is no an "ordinary" rep.

that said, i am also not willing to pay $600 for a rep wit the asian 7750 in it. I think $300-$400 for the SS HBB and maybe up too $450 for the ceramic version would seem like a more "reasonable" price.

227424-12889.jpg