When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam skeleton

bosk

After seeing Tourby's PAM skeletons, I decided to try it myself with some spare parts. My IWC skeleton was not getting much wrist time due to lack a decent strap so I took out the movement and placed it a spare 111 case with spare superlumed hands.

227061-13002.jpg

227061-13003.jpg

227061-13004.jpg

227061-13005.jpg

I probably need to re-do the hands and paint the subdial hand black.

-bosk

Out of curiosity- What's holding the hour pinion in place?

I was curious about this myself,,,,it can be pretty tricky to get the hands right. If you turn it over, you might find that the hour hand will come loose since nothing is holding down the hour wheel. Looks very cool, Nice work.

I was curious about this myself,,,,it can be pretty tricky to get the hands right. If you turn it over, you might find that the hour hand will come loose since nothing is holding down the hour wheel. Looks very cool, Nice work.

Since the movement is from an IWC skeleton, the hour wheel must have some modification to be attached. I have no idea how they did it but it is securely on. Tourbillion would probably know since he works with these movements on a regular basis. One of the gears that the crown tube goes thru did drop out when I turned the watch upside down and its secure once the tube is inserted. The watch seems to be working perfectly now.

-bosk

this asia skeleton movements has little different hand size

if you will use a unitas hands you must use the small rubber ring which is on the regular hands. If you dont fix this plastic ring inside of the hour hand... the hands will not work correct. No more problems...

looks nice. But i would blued the screws, blued the winding gears and blued the winding part on front... this would look more valuable...

like this movement here

http://s163.photobucket.com/albums/t320/to...%20blue%20love/

BTW, it was not my idea to build a skeleton Panerai... the father of this project is chris5264. >He is the man!!!