When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Planet Ocean Chrono Orange

TeeJay

What're people's thoughts on this watch? If I was to have one, would anyone be interested in taking it off my hands?

Why do I ask? Well....

My dealer has said that my PO 2901.50 is finally repaired and will be returned to me once I settle the repair fee. They have also said they are throwing in 'their personal watch, an Orange Planet Ocean', as compensation for the delays (due to Chinese New Year) When I had previously asked them what watch they had (idle conversation as we're good friends), they said it was the Orange Planet Ocean Chrono. Now. This is slightly conflicting info. If they are sending me an orange Planet Ocean, I will keep it and swap out the bezel. If it's the Orange Planet Ocean Chrono, I simply wouldn't wear it, so I'd much rather sell or exchange it for something I would. I'm not likely to have the watches for a month, so thought I'd give this time to brew and people to mull it over. Watches (reps, obviously) I would accept a straight trade for:

Planet Ocean 45mm on Rubber (NOT LE or Orange)

Omega SMP 2531.80

Omega SMP 2254.50

Vintage Rolex Submariner.

Any Panerai Marina or Base with a sandwich dial.

I would also be prepared to take reasonable cash offers.

Please note, this is only something my dealer has said, I would not like to say 100% that they will give me the extra watch until I open the parcel and see it in my hands (although they have always been 100% reliable in the past) Until I receive the watches, I have no further information about the watch or pictures of it. As I said, this is simply putting feelers out for possible interest in aproximately a month's time. When I have the watch, I will of course take and post decent pictures of it for people to see.

Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...

The watches arrived today, and the second watch was the Orange Planet Ocean 42mm, so I will be keeping it. I have swapped over my seamaster strap (gapes a bit, but never mind) and will be swappnig the bezel insert for a black one when I can. In a way, I'm glad it wasn't the chrono version, as this way, I get to keep my friend's watch, and it will have sentimental value, rather than using it as something to sell or trade :)

The watches arrived today, and the second watch was the Orange Planet Ocean 42mm, so I will be keeping it. I have swapped over my seamaster strap (gapes a bit, but never mind) and will be swappnig the bezel insert for a black one when I can. In a way, I'm glad it wasn't the chrono version, as this way, I get to keep my friend's watch, and it will have sentimental value, rather than using it as something to sell or trade :)

What's wrong with the orange bezel? I love it :)

What's wrong with the orange bezel? I love it :)

There's nothing wrong with the orange bezel, to be honest, it is rather growing on me (especially now I gave the Twins a make-over) but it's just not 'my style' :)