When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I need help with Wo Mart...

Ultima

Hello everybody on this forum !

As you can see, this is my first post and I hoppe it's not in the wrong section (?).

I am needing some help, and this place seems to be the one where someone will come to my rescue ;-)

I am not a big time watch collector, but 15 days I happened to order a Bell & Ross (the big instrument one) from Paul at Wo Mart.

A friend of me gave me the web site address and somehow, the deal didn't look too bad...

Paul wanted to be pay only with western union...

He received my money and went silent for 5 days... he then claimed that my watch was on it's way and that he sent me the tracking N

Thank you for your answer.

What worries me is that he was answering my emails within hours... until he received my money.

My account on his site says my order is "processing" while he claims he already send it a week ago.

And as I said, he said he had send me a tracking N

As you can see, this is my first post and I hoppe it's not in the wrong section (?).

I am needing some help, and this place seems to be the one where someone will come to my rescue ;-)

I am not a big time watch collector, but 15 days I happened to order a Bell & Ross (the big instrument one) from Paul at Wo Mart.

A friend of me gave me the web site address and somehow, the deal didn't look too bad...

He received my money and went silent for 5 days... he then claimed that my watch was on it's way and that he sent me the tracking N

It is common for dealers to be very attentive before the sale and scarce after the buy.

Delivery time varies from 2 - 4 weeks.

Tracking numbers only work about half the time for me.

Sometimes I even get my watch before tracking shows anything.

Relax you still got time.

Welcome to our odd little sport.

As a relatively new newb myself, I know how the "thrill of the chase" can be frustrated by having to wait for replies to emails and for your new purchase to arrive. You very soon learn that patience is a virtue that you have to master and bombarding a seller with emails is a good way of getting him to ignore you (for a while). Have patience , my friend, and your new Bell & Ross will be on your wrist before you know it. I have had many dealings with Paul and he seems pretty trustworthy as I have had nothing to complain about so far. :D

Thank you for the encouraging words ;-)

Paul seems to be an ok guy from what I read...

Waiting is not really a problem... As long as you know that you will receive something at the end !

Paul's a reputable guy and he's been around a while. His history is a bit spotty though but I think you'll get your watch.

But, be forwarned....if you spend any meaningful time in this hobby, you must learn to accept loss as part of the cost of doing business. Customs seizures, lost packages, disreputable dealers, DOA watches are all part of the game. Make sure the cash you have to spend on these things is truly disposable.

You will be fine...You will get your piece. The only problem with Paul is quality. I've got some nice stuff from him and I've got some real junk...

It's the chance you take...and the priece reflects it.

Let us know how you make out!

I recently purchased a replacement dial from Paul. I got a number of shifting stories from Paul regarding my order status--ship in one week, incorrect part, order returned by PO, and then another few weeks to replace the part that supposedly was in the mail, etc.-- before the dial finally arrived, ab. six-seven weeks after I placed my order.

It wasn't a big expense to me (he was only charging $12 or $14 for the dial and shipping) and I wasn't in a big hurry since I don't lack for alternate watches to wear. And the other dealers that I contacted didn't even want to mess with my request. But my impression was that at Wo-mart the left hand does not always know what the right hand is doing, probably because there are multiple "Paul's" that we do business with under the single persona.

Be patient and cool, and try to keep your e-mails civil and professional. Include previous e-mails, if that info is relevant and useful. I'm sure that you will get your watch, and I certainly hope that your waiting period is shorter than mine. Good luck, and cheers.

Paul's website seems to be down alot. I think he takes it down for updates, etc. so I wouldn't worry about it. I've been waiting for my watch since the 1st March so I'm pretty annoyed too!

But, as the guys say, this isn't a legal trade so you always take a risk when buying from any dealer.........I've just ordered another watch but this time from Joshua and received a tracking number the very next day, he also answers emails within a couple of hours too.

Paul's website seems to be down alot. I think he takes it down for updates, etc. so I wouldn't worry about it. I've been waiting for my watch since the 1st March so I'm pretty annoyed too!

But, as the guys say, this isn't a legal trade so you always take a risk when buying from any dealer.........I've just ordered another watch but this time from Joshua and received a tracking number the very next day, he also answers emails within a couple of hours too.

His web site name has 'dissapeared' from the DNS servers as well...it's been like that for the last 3 days...that on top of his indefinite leave message he posted on main Web site page, hmm...something's fishy, for sure. :-(

cheers,

babola

You're right Olivia, but I would even have run faster with that Bell & Ross on my wrist ;-)

Not that I'll will miss the money, but i'll get frustrated not to have the watch...

Just received PMs from 2 members in same situation as you...they said Paul's "personal assistant" send them an email advising he will be back on board on 18th April...fingers crossed, eh!

Still doesn't explain total absence of his 'wo-mart' domain name from name servers :rolleyes:

cheers,

babola

If i had a dollar for every time Wo-mart has been offline for what every reason, i could afford the gen!. its frustrating but he comes through. also note that my work mate just brought a watch from him and paid him via WU 3 days before he stated his departure... he hasn't picked up the cash so it does not sounds like desperate times for paul. just chill it will come :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 3 weeks later...