When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Need help removing PO bracelet

Marv1n

Covers? Covers??

Some watches have a tube around the spring bar in the end link. The tube is cut at an angle so that if it is rotated one way it covers the spring bar. You just take your Bergeon band tool and use the end that looks like a very small fork to rotate that tube. I don't think you can do this with a leather watch band tool.

Otherwise there is usually a slot that the small fork will fit into and be able to slide back the spring bar and this may be the cover to which you are refering. There is a special tool that will do both end at the same time, but usually I just catch one end of the spring bar and pull that side of the end link out just a tiny bit so that the spring bar cannot pop back into the hole. Then go get the other side. As you slide it out be sure to keep your finger tips on either side of the end link or you will be on your hands and knees hunting for the spring bar after it pops out.

You need the band tool that has the very small fork in it though. The best one is the Bergeon 6111 and you will forever thank yourself for buying that one.

/Tim

Covers? Covers??

Some watches have a tube around the spring bar in the end link. The tube is cut at an angle so that if it is rotated one way it covers the spring bar. You just take your Bergeon band tool and use the end that looks like a very small fork to rotate that tube. I don't think you can do this with a leather watch band tool.

Otherwise there is usually a slot that the small fork will fit into and be able to slide back the spring bar and this may be the cover to which you are refering. There is a special tool that will do both end at the same time, but usually I just catch one end of the spring bar and pull that side of the end link out just a tiny bit so that the spring bar cannot pop back into the hole. Then go get the other side. As you slide it out be sure to keep your finger tips on either side of the end link or you will be on your hands and knees hunting for the spring bar after it pops out.

You need the band tool that has the very small fork in it though. The best one is the Bergeon 6111 and you will forever thank yourself for buying that one.

/Tim

I have the Bergeon 3153, and apparently it's too big as it will not fit into the openings. :( Time to buy the smaller tool, I guess.

Thanks!

A screwdriver would work, but there is that thing about using the proper tool for the job.... uh hum

I cannot sing the praises of the Bergeon 6111 tool enough. I cussed and swore regularly anytime I had to deal with a spring bar before I bought this tool. The larger leather side is just silky getting the straps off. The bracelet side is reversible to a straight pin or a small fork. Someone jamming a larger than needed spring bar into a watch doesn't even phase me with this tool even though I got to the point before I found it where I'd sometime write off the band and just cut the spring bar right though the band after stabbing myself or putting a nice scratch on a watch. At $25 you'll thank me forever. You can probably find it elsewhere because Bob Frei is an ass and I never like dealing with him. Just make sure it looks like this one:

http://www.ofrei.com/page_226.html

/Tim

227937-12831.jpg