When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Watch with suspension?

anonymous

I found this while searching eBay, has anyone heard of this before - a watch with suspension. Not sure if its just a novelty or whether it would serve any really purpose

"Patented Suspension - The construction is a world novelty "made in Switzerland". Formex is the first watch with a patented active suspension. Therefore all Formex watches are more shock resistant and also offer a higher wearing comfort. Thanks to this suspension, the watch adapts perfectly to the wrist."

228222-12764.gif228222-12765.jpg

You can find it here:

Watch @ eBay.com.au

Looks like a comfort accomodation but as Ubi said, would do little more to protect the balance staff from breakage than tne Incabloc shock protection. That shock protection is primarily designed to protect the BW from damage due to drops. Speaking as someone who's wrist size can vary greatly with Chinese food intake and water, a cushioned watch that adjusts to swelling and edema might be worth a look!!!!

Hi, I am a new member to RWI and an on-going member or RWI.The suspensiopn system is supposed to be extra protection for the auto buffs and pit crew types who are knocking their watches about. Its 20mm thick at the highest part and 15mm thick at the lowest, thus it positions the face of the watch towards you as it sits on tour wrist. It is a beast, as I have one, but with that orange face and the orange and black glove soft strap that comes with the kit, the watch has great wrist presence. Not for everyone, but I really like it.

Rogerwine