When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Steelfish lume application...

JWR

Wondering if the lumpy lume was merely on early shipments, and/or if it was confined to one dial type (seemed like the blue was most effected)... curious if anyone's received a good blue one, or a bad black/white one... just trying to get a shot of where it might be most likely.

Wondering if the lumpy lume was merely on early shipments, and/or if it was confined to one dial type (seemed like the blue was most effected)... curious if anyone's received a good blue one, or a bad black/white one... just trying to get a shot of where it might be most likely.

I think the Easrly Blue Steel Fish was the worst. I think the worker who applies it either got better or was fired. You can see the poor lume job by go to Trusty site and looking at the Blue Steel fish on Metal Bracelet. The circles that represent each hour are not all filled in with white. I think the problem has been resolved...at least I hope so as I have a watch on the way. I will post in a few days when I get it. It is like everything..they get better and cheaper the more and longet they make them (ie Planet Ocean 5th edition).

Yes, in my limited experience. I got one a blue face Steelfish fairly soon after it was released and the 'lumpiness' was very noticeable to me (so bad I decided to get it relumed). Last week I received a white face version and the lume is considerably better. It's not quite up to the standard of the relume job done by The Zigmeister on my blue face, but I'm happy with it.

On a related note, the difference in brightness between the gen Superluminova applied by The Zigmeister and the lume which comes on the Steelfish (regarded by many as excellent) is very striking. The gen lume is waayy brighter! I'll do a comparison photo today if I have time (if not it will have to wait until next week).

Edited by Rob1

As posted in another thread I received my black SF yesterday. Lume is not bad aligned but clearly raised and overlaps the frames a bit. The lume of the pearl shows a gap/ it seems to be a bit crumbly. The lume glows bright right after putting it into the light. But it is going down in a very short time. I decided to get my SF super-lumed soon.