When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Replacement bracelet... MILANO?

bigben

Hey guys,

I've got a new DJ on the way and because I'm always so disappointed with the cheap bands that ship on most reps, I'm already looking to find a replacement. So I have two questions...

1) Is the jubilee bracelet that is currently shipping with DJ's of any decent quality?

2) What would be a good replacement (if I don't want to find a gen/used gen)?

-I found a site that looks as if it sells some high quality stuff... but you can't ever be sure... any one know about: http://www.thewatchprince.com/s.nl/it.A/id.784/.f

-$195 seems a bit steep....

-other places sell "seiko" jubilee bands.

Thanks in advance, I certainly value the advice of all you experts out there.

I have purchased 2 of the Milano Oyster-style stainless steel bracelets from Watch Prince. These are very good quality (much better fit and finish than the bracelet that comes with most reps) but you will need to swap the Rolex clasp assembly from the rep bracelet with the blank clasp that comes on the Milano bracelet. The easiest way to do this is to remove the next to last link in each bracelet and then swap over the clasps with the links in place. The bracelet links are close enough so that they should match.

The only serious problem with the Milano (and most other after-market bracelets -- if you are concerned with having a watch containing all the correct model numbers) is that they will not have the correct Rolex model numbers stamped on the end links (the curved metal ends that connect the bracelet to the watch case).

Also, some of the Milano bracelets come with end pieces that fit the gen Rolex springbars, which are wider (2mm diameter) than the rep springbars (which are usually a smaller 1.5mm diameter), while some do not. Some people have been able to mod the rep end links (those that have the correct model numbers stamped on them) to fit the larger (2mm diameter) Rolex springbars, but I have never been able to widen or cut the loops that the springbars fit through without damaging the end piece.