When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Asian 7750 valjoux in Daytona Cosmo seconds@6

montydog

Hi everyone,

I've just ordered my second rep, a Daytona 2001 model with the 7750 valjoux and seconds @ 6 from one of the dealers recommended by many on here for the excellence of his service.

I'm aware of the potential pitfalls with this movement in this rep but I've bought it anyway because I like the watch so much.

My question is, what level of aftersales service should I expect if it stops running or runs eratically and what period of time should I expect this service to cover?

Obviously, if it's not working when I get it, I can expect a replacement but what about 2 months down the road or 6 or 12?

As I'm new to this, I'd appreciate some advice on what is reasonable to expect.

Thanks in advance

montydog

I would ask the seller what his return and service policy is. Most sellers will note what the warranty period is somewhere on their website and this is what I would base your sale on. In most cases, warranties are 3 months. After that, you are usually on your own. Some dealers may still offer repair services, but you will need to pay for the service.

I have 2 secs at 6 watches with Asian 7750 movements and 1 of them is almost 2 years old. With the exception of the 'twitchy' second hand (subdial at nine) that all of the seconds at 6 Asian 7750s seem to have, it runs well and keeps good time. But I do not wear these watches daily, nor do I play with the chrono functions often. The newer one stopped running 48 hours after I received it (the watch spent the entire time just sitting on a table (I test every watch for 48 hours before removing the wrapping or wearing it)). The seller asked me to return the watch to his watchmaker in China and it was returned a few weeks later and has been running well ever since (1 month and counting).