When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bigoted Rangers fans

Chronus

I've come across these videos on YouTube of Rangers singing "F*** the pope and your IRA" ... is this what the sectarianism is about in Scotland ? Is this normal? Doesn't seem to be a minority either, it's everyone.

Rangers bigots - Osasuna v Rangers (part 1)

Rangers bigots - Osasuna v Rangers (Part 2)

Rangers bigots - Osasuna v Rangers (Part 3)

I've come across these videos on YouTube of Rangers singing "F*** the pope and your IRA" ... is this what the sectarianism is about in Scotland ? Is this normal? Doesn't seem to be a minority either, it's everyone.

Be it a football crowd environment or whatever...once the false constraints of perceived P.C. are removed I think youll find its everyone, everywhere.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

No trees were killed in the sending of this message.

I've been to games in England and only had bad experiences at Millwall. I've never heard something like this before, but I am understanding the Rangers-Celtic thing a little more. Hope someone like jonthebhoy (Celtic fan) or TTK (Rangers fan) can illuminate me on this matter.

Yeah, I was initially thinking it was the Rangers as well. :bangin:

:bicycle:

Ok Glasgow Rangers is not the same thing as NY Rangers :D

Be it a football crowd environment or whatever...once the false constraints of perceived P.C. are removed I think youll find its everyone, everywhere.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

That's a brilliant description Reg, and spot on.

Cheers Johnkaz. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yup! Two thumbs up on that one. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Whilst it is not as bad as it used to be back in the day, alas, there is still the bigoted and sectarian element in both sides of the Celtic / Rangers divide in Scotland.

I will however abstain from the debate as to who, between the two, is making better progress in the eradication of such......suffice to say, and sadly, it will always be around.

JTB

PS - I blame the durty orange b*stards, myself.

Whilst it is not as bad as it used to be back in the day, alas, there is still the bigoted and sectarian element in both sides of the Celtic / Rangers divide in Scotland.

I will however abstain from the debate as to who, between the two, is making better progress in the eradication of such......suffice to say, and sadly, it will always be around.

I work at Ibrox for Rangers and have noticed a big drop in the amount of sectarian singing at games within the last year, however there is still a small element that are the problem. It is going to be very difficult to eliminate this and I personally think it will be generations before this problem is completely eradicated. We can get a grip on the problem at Ibrox but away fans are another matter altogether. The latest policy of Rangers fans "self policing" I think is a step in the right direction.

I also believe a large part of the problem for us is the media who seem to choose to ignore the effort both sides of the old firm are making to deal with this problem and focus on any problem or incident, no matter how small related to bigoted behaviour and tie it either to Rangers or Celtic! The press want a quick or "instant" fix to this problem but it has been inbuilt into society in the west coast of Scotland for generations.

The bigoted attitude however is quite strange for me as , from a business side, Rangers and Celtic football clubs are extremely close. They both rely heavily on each other for a lot of joint deals. The atmosphere at Argyle House is almost even worse on days after when there has been incidents involving bigoted fans than it is on days after bad losses. I know several members of staff at Celtic Park and I know they have the exact same problem and both clubs have set up comitees who work closely together to tackle the problems.

PS - I blame the durty orange b*stards, myself.

PS - I personally blame the simple minded Celtic "supporters" who assoiate Rangers with orangemen and the Idiots who come to Rangers games, calling themselves fans who associate Celtic FC with catholicism and are so [censored]ing stupid they post videos of themselve singing bigoted [censored] online that will lead to th eclub being fined and may in the future mean a deduction in points or loss of a european place.

ITS A [censored]ING SPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by gargoil

Unfortunately there will always be a small mindless bunch of morons pushing the sectarian bandwagon, but if Ian Paisley and Gerry Adams can sit side by side in government (this notion is tantalisingly close now ) then we'd all be better off forgetting about them as the only thing they crave is notoriety.