When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Hello... and a question

Lord Balian

Hi all, I am BRAND NEW to the world of replica watches. So I certainly hope you don't beat up noobs to badly around here :black_eye: So far all my purchases have been from Andrew (Trusty) and I have been extremely happy so far. I own a Submariner (Asian 21j) and a Planet Ocean (Ultimate). Just this morning I placed an order for a "Perfect" Submariner I was just wondering if anyone has had any experiences with this rep? and if so how accurate is it?

Thank you in advance

Lord Balian

P.S. Yes I am aware of the fact that it will indeed NOT be completely "Perfect" :unsure:

Andrew's Perfect Sub should be fine. Hopefully, with the movement serviced and the case waterproofed, it will be a good purchase for you. With the ETA movement, you've got a better motor than the asian 21j, and servicing should get you about 3-5 years of good trouble-free wear. The waterproofing is nice and now you should be good for "light" duty in water, swimming, but no diving say. No one really knows what the extra seals added means, because the asian 21j and the $188 sub come with o-rings and with a little tune-up, can be made as waterproof as the Perfect sub. As with any of these watches, the design is theoretically WR, but by virtue of the lack of QC, they may not be WR in practice. But lots of people around here make their watches WR and then pressure test them to make sure they are.

Shortcomings on this watch (which I call the CN 2006, and is sold by at least 5 of the dealers) are slightly shallow rehaut, too big a crown and a so-so bezel pearl. But all in all, lots of people are happy w/ this watch and get good service from it. And it's over $4K cheaper than a new gen!

Andrew's Perfect Sub should be fine. Hopefully, with the movement serviced and the case waterproofed, it will be a good purchase for you. With the ETA movement, you've got a better motor than the asian 21j, and servicing should get you about 3-5 years of good trouble-free wear. The waterproofing is nice and now you should be good for "light" duty in water, swimming, but no diving say. No one really knows what the extra seals added means, because the asian 21j and the $188 sub come with o-rings and with a little tune-up, can be made as waterproof as the Perfect sub. As with any of these watches, the design is theoretically WR, but by virtue of the lack of QC, they may not be WR in practice. But lots of people around here make their watches WR and then pressure test them to make sure they are.

Shortcomings on this watch (which I call the CN 2006, and is sold by at least 5 of the dealers) are slightly shallow rehaut, too big a crown and a so-so bezel pearl. But all in all, lots of people are happy w/ this watch and get good service from it. And it's over $4K cheaper than a new gen!

Thank you very much for your reply, its very informative. For me I am sure it will be a great watch, as Iam not searching for perfection just a quality and for the most part a realistic replica. I can't wait for it to arrive! :Jumpy: