When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My New HBB

tobico

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they should engrave the materials listing..and it will be perfect

Even with the materials engravings (which definitely belong there - why is this not improved?), the stick-on letters and the way the rotor is attached (look at the gear) is still a giveaway, especially the stick-on letters instead of an engraved rotor. I wouldn't expect a fix for the way the rotor is attached.

That said, I recently ordered one from one of our dealers, and hope to receive it soon and have good news to share.

I went with the white datewheel, as it is true that the ones with the black datewheel should have the red on the seconds hand go to the end. With the white datewheel, you will find gens with both kinds of second hands.

Seeing "Hublote" is disconcerting, but fixable. Is this an updated font? If it is updated, is it only updated on the ones being sold with the black dial? The photos on the dealers' sites have the same old press-on letters. Can we get a closer look at the back of the watch, please?

Guest Sql_pl

What they should to is to think about producing for example a YCM version with a non-display caseback.

That way it will be far closer to the gen even when inspected closely.

Cheers!

Where is Angus showing these watches? When I go to his "Watch Gallary", I don't find them. :bangin:

Here you go:

http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b14/pure...eramic%20Bezel/

233006-11829.jpg

233006-11830.jpg

Have you scratched the polished ceramic yet? Is it very resistant to scratches? I hear the gen is very scratch-resistant and strong.

Same scratch resistance as the genuine, we use the best grade of ceramic for this bezel.

Angus you told me that you will advice the make to engrave the materials on the caseback..but for this new version..still havent change.. why ?

The maker refuses to do it because all movement with rotor engraved will loss warranty from the movement factory, that is why the Chopard and the upcoming IWC will also have stickers on the movement, if I can source some rotors then I can do the engraving but it is almost impossible to source for the rotors.

Guest RiverwindMDS
The maker refuses to do it because all movement with rotor engraved will loss warranty from the movement factory, that is why the Chopard and the upcoming IWC will also have stickers on the movement, if I can source some rotors then I can do the engraving but it is almost impossible to source for the rotors.

Dear Angus, I have a suggestion, the normal rotors for 7750 movements are made of two parts putted together, one inside, that in the hublot is the black part, one is the outside that I think it is the same on the normal 7750 rotor and on the Hublot one.

So you can take the normal rotors, make engrave the Hublot geneve writings and than you can change the outer part of the hbb rotor with the outer engraved part. What do you thing about this?

Do you know a factory that can engrave?

These things have a warranty?

Dear Angus, I have a suggestion, the normal rotors for 7750 movements are made of two parts putted together, one inside, that in the hublot is the black part, one is the outside that I think it is the same on the normal 7750 rotor and on the Hublot one.

So you can take the normal rotors, make engrave the Hublot geneve writings and than you can change the outer part of the hbb rotor with the outer engraved part. What do you thing about this?

Do you know a factory that can engrave?

The problem is we cannot find any spare rotors... to do the engraving.

These things have a warranty?

Of course, the movement factory makes movement for many Chinese Brand watches, the HBB maker just order movement from the movement factory, there is nothing to do with replica, like if my customer orders from me, I will offer warranty to my customers.

Guest RiverwindMDS
The problem is we cannot find any spare rotors... to do the engraving.

Of course, the movement factory makes movement for many Chinese Brand watches, the HBB maker just order movement from the movement factory, there is nothing to do with replica, like if my customer orders from me, I will offer warranty to my customers.

Angus, I'm not telling spare rotors like the one of the HBB, I am telling that you can engrave the normal rotors and then you van change the last part of the rotor.

can't you source the normal 7750 rotors with nothing special?

Another option should be to make a small plate engraved to be putted on the top of the last part of the rotos so it can seem engraved.

Any other suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I have recieved my Big bang today and I give the advice to people who are still hesitating to buy one because it is amazing. I know some don't like the fact the movement is not swiss, but if the asian valjoux has a problem I'll make it fixed by a watch repairer, what's the big deal...The only reproch I make about the asian valjoux is that the date doesn't change fast, I can't stand the date changing during one hour!!!

I have a polished ceramic bezel and a white date wheel (I prefer the white one!) and I was hesitating as regards the pics because I thaught the bezel could be too shiny, but it's just alright. I have the chance to have worn a gen in the shop where I worked this summer and I can tell you that this one is really amazing!!! I have unscrewed the bezel screws, put a little glue and well screwed them as regards what has been said about lost screws...To do so, I used a homemade screw driver: I just took a screw driver that I cut in the middle to adapt it to the shape of hublot screw, no need to buy a special one...

If you have any questions or insults to say that you will never buy this watch because it's too expensive or because the movement is a big [censored], just ask, I'll be glad to answer nos that I have it on my wrist

Nice piece, wear it well. I love my HBB and it always catches peoples eyes

I also got my MBW APROO from a friend when he was in Thailand for biz trip. Its another piece you shall put in mind. The overall construction is unremarkable and its a lot more comfortable than HBB.

Don't worry, I have it in mind, in fact, I already had one that a friend lent to me for few months...but now, I am waiting for the secont running at 12. I heard that MBW had baught AP modules to copy them to have the good subdial disposition...I don't know if that is a rumor or the truth, but if it's true, I'll go for it imediately even if it costs me an arm and a leg!!!