When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1665 Comex

polexpete

hey polex...

Thats a really nice looking comex... that dial is really good... that isn't stock mbw is it?

would you mind sharing where the dail is from?

R

No problem that's why we all here, glad you like it. It isn't stock MBW. Comex dials with the correct wordings are really hard to find. I found this one on the Bay at this guys site. http://stores.ebay.com/NDTradingCorp His dials are now outrageously expensive. Thankfully i made an offer on this one and he accepted so didn't get stung too bad. Haven't ever seen another but maybe you can ask him. Also Micheal in Hong Kong www.classicwatchparts.com does them but i got one off of him but wasn't too accurate.

P.

Guest RiverwindMDS
No problem that's why we all here, glad you like it. It isn't stock MBW. Comex dials with the correct wordings are really hard to find. I found this one on the Bay at this guys site. http://stores.ebay.com/NDTradingCorp His dials are now outrageously expensive. Thankfully i made an offer on this one and he accepted so didn't get stung too bad. Haven't ever seen another but maybe you can ask him. Also Micheal in Hong Kong www.classicwatchparts.com does them but i got one off of him but wasn't too accurate.

P.

CAn I ask you who aged your dials and hands?

They're really good.

the CWP dials are not bad but kind of diasapointing... if i was going for a 1665 it would be a comex

but the MBW dials always discouraged me and i won't even consider shelling out for a gen .(a great white would be cool but ... it hasn't been on the must have list for me)

regardless ... your watch is looks amazing

Hey guys,

Thanks for yer useful comments and Eunomians thats a sweet 5513, wanna swap haha!

And Avitt i gotta find another couple for my next projects so i will try and get one for you too, will keep you posted.

I'm writing this in the MBK Centre in Bangkok gonna see what i can find now...

P.

Good holy hell his dials are expensive ... is yours an original or a redial ?

Yeah criminal huh? Mines a redial for sure a real one would be even more insanely expensive if you could ever find one. I made him a cheap offer and he agreed so its worth a try.

P.