When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Review

Jawo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I very disappointed to see the photos here.

Andrew assured me the carbon fiber came with the proper polished bezel...

not looking forward to my package much anymore...had my heart set on that bezel which appears not to exist on any of josh and andrews supply.

edit

andrew just informed me that you can the polished bezel on it and mine does in fact have it.

The guy who posted that quoted comment isnt that guy who posted the pics of the brushed bezel...

you can order from Josh, Angus, Andrew this watch with either Brushed or Polished Black Ceramic Bezel.

An additional option I have only seen from Angus, but is likely available from the other 2 is a black date wheel, but again you can also order this is white.

These 3 dealers are the only dealers with access to it at this time, I believe.

Cheers,

M

Someone must have stolen the panel's guide dogs...the day they voted that abortion...Watch of the Year,,,,,it's a POS.....even the genuine......I tried it on and looked at it in depth at the Bangkok show last year....and have to say...I was completely underwhelmed....7000 Euro.....for a watch with NO heritage......a bog standard 7750 movemnt...( $300 ).........it looks as tho' it was made from the parts bin....and designed by the same comittee that designed the camel....and the giraffe....!

Not least is the fact that JCB couldn't get the screws straight on the bezel.....and it has a rubber strap that would look perfectly at home on a $200 Sector......!

How could this possibly compare to an AP......the AP is the perfect example of a sports watch......the original brief for Gerald Genta was to design a luxury sports watch which would both serve at Cowes and also be in keeping with a game of Chemin de Fer at Monte Carlo, in this respect he succeeded admirably by giving the watch a suitably hewn from solid feel to it, the most striking of all the design features are the screws which are driven through the bezel, all in perfect symmetrical alignment and which hold the case, the six sided screws are synonymous with the Royal Oak and are it's most readily identifiable feature.

Consider the alternatives to this POS.......such as the AP......B&M......even the new Wyler......each of them shows examples of good design that the BB lacks.......I can only imagine that most buyers of this watch have no real horological experience and are simply overwhelmed by the fact that it has been copied......I can't imagine anyone taking 7000 Euro and overlooking teh alternatives in favour of this dog turd of a watch.......it looks as tho' it should have a quartz movement...and I think it deserves one....!

BTW.......a day will come when you will admire the quality of a rep such as the Panerai / Ferrari.......and that day will be the day you are crying in your soup...because all of your BB screws have fallen out and disappeared into the Bermuda triangle.......but relax......the watch can't look any worse as a result.....JMO.....but I'm right.......!

Here's a photo of a Big Bang with the screws 'shopped to show how they should have appeared on the BB.....instead of the shitty alignement they have.....!

233906-11642.jpg

Edited by TTK

You will see that in pictures of the actual HBB, that there is both a polished and ceramic bezel. I have looked at many HBB reviews of the rep model that Andrew and Josh supply. The HBB ceramic bezel has undergone a few cosmetic changes since it's introduction in 2005. The center pin that holds the chrono hand came either polished stainless steel or painted red. You will see that the bezel is brushed and not polished. I actually prefer the brushed since the polished looks like painted stainless steel and attracts less fingerprints.

Why of course you would....!

As for being sad........fortunately it's not as sad as you.......!

But....you'll still be crying in your soup....when it's a paperweight.......why......there are 27 screws holding it together....front and back.........if you know ANYTHING about watches.......you'll know that's a recipe for disaster......as for good design.....it qualifies as an industrial product......and no GOOD designer ever resorts to a whole load of screws to hold things together....unless he has to.......and this doesn't have to......!

Edited by TTK

How could this possibly compare to an AP......the AP is the perfect example of a sports watch......the original brief for Gerald Genta was to design a luxury sports watch which would both serve at Cowes and also be in keeping with a game of Chemin de Fer at Monte Carlo, in this respect he succeeded admirably by giving the watch a suitably hewn from solid feel to it, the most striking of all the design features are the screws which are driven through the bezel, all in perfect symmetrical alignment and which hold the case, the six sided screws are synonymous with the Royal Oak and are it's most readily identifiable feature.

Consider the alternatives to this POS.......such as the AP......B&M......even the new Wyler......each of them shows examples of good design that the BB lacks.......I can only imagine that most buyers of this watch have no real horological experience and are simply overwhelmed by the fact that it has been copied......I can't imagine anyone taking 7000 Euro and overlooking teh alternatives in favour of this dog turd of a watch.......it looks as tho' it should have a quartz movement...and I think it deserves one....!

BTW.......a day will come when you will admire the quality of a rep such as the Panerai / Ferrari.......and that day will be the day you are crying in your soup...because all of your BB screws have fallen out and disappeared into the Bermuda triangle.......but relax......the watch can't look any worse as a result.....JMO.....but I'm right.......!

The funny thing is that I think most AP's are ugly. Even though the HBB share a simular design. The HBB to me looks contemparary and different. The watch may not have a heritage, but all watches started from somewhere. The HBB has won numberous awards for its daring and bold styling. I too find the Ferrari watches kinda cheezy envolking people to think that Ferrari makes a watch. I like the Breitling Bentley because it is subtle, and the watch is still reminisant of being Breitling. We all have opinions and I still think that most of the AP's look like cheap Seiko's with an octagon bezel. I love the HBB, and find it stunning to look at. Most people I have shown the watch to have never heard of Hublot so you are right about the heritage thing, but everyone loved the look of it.

Drunk, stocky

LMAO........you obviously don't know me........obviously you're letting your imagination run wild......just a you did when you reached the conclusion that the Big Bang is badass......!

Here's confirmation of just how badass the BB is.....:lol:

Here's a photograph of the Big Bang Gang from the Hublot forum on Timezone......they had a GTG at Basel... ...you can just see how much of a badass a watch the BB is.........if that's the gang you run with......I'm trembling in my boots and barricading my door with 6" nails....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

No wonder these guys defend their Big Bangs so vigorously........it's the only 'bang' these guys are ever gonna get.......every one of them a Jetmid.....suave ....sophisticated......and a great catch for any woman....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW...Mike Margolis is the gnumph with the bow tie......he's the TZ Moderator........who wields the axe over every post you make on the TZ Hublot forum.....how I'd love to go to Basel and meet him......I'd gently persuade him never to mess with any of my posts...... :o

Baddaaaaaaaasss........mehhhh...!

BTW....which one are YOU......let me guess.....nah how could I.....:lol:

233922-11638.jpg

Edited by TTK

LMAO........you obviously don't know me........obviously you're letting your imagination run wild......just a you did when you reached the conclusion that the Big Bang is badass......!

Here's confirmation of

Here's a photograph of the Big Bang Gang from the Hublot forum on Timezone......they had a GTG at Basel... ...you can just see how much of a badass a watch the BB is.......here's the Timezone....Big Bang Badass Gang at the TZ GTG at Basel.......if that's the gang you run with......I'm trembling in my boots and barricading my door with 6" nails....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

No wonder these guys defend their Big Bangs so vigourously........it's the only 'bang' these guys are ever gonna get.......every one of them a Jetmid.....suave ....sophisticated......and a great catch for any woman....... :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW...Mike Margolis is the gnumph with the bow tie......he's the TZ Moderator........who wields the axe over every post you make......how I'd love to go to Basel and meet him......I'd gently persuade him never to mess with any of my posts...... :o

Baddaaaaaaaasss........mehhhh...!

BTW....which one are YOU......let me guess.....nah how could I.....:lol:

233923-11637.jpg

I think they are hot!!! I like the guy in the pink. Hey, wait a second... Isn't he wearing a Ferrari watch? Hahaha, JK

@Jawo....I'll forgive your naivete with regards to AP......it's obvious you've never held one......!

The Hublot doesn't 'share' any similar design.....it is a not so subtle plagiarisation of a design that is nearlly 40 years old now.....and which is firmly accepted as the pinnacle of sports watch design...and if you think the BB looks contemporary and different.....I don't know what else you've looked at....but it can't be much.....!

As for awards.......Britney Spears has won all sorts of awards......it hardly makes her a class act.....so has Jenna Jamieson......!

Hublot have no heritage.....is not a manufacture.......and it's only claim to fame is that they introduced the first luxury watch with a rubber strap......!

I too find the Ferrari watches kinda cheezy envolking people to think that Ferrari makes a watch.
So the fact that Hublot is featuring luxury yacht manufacturers on it's dial means it's less cheezy........or if I wear a Breitling Flecce Tricolore......does that mean I have to fly ......!

As for design....the Panerai / Ferrari.....is no different from the Girard Perregaux Ferrari series...a very successfull tribute series of watches.....all of which feaature a form follows function aesthetic......the BB doesn't.......it's a poorly designed watch.....time will show it.......it's HOT at the moment...but so are the Pussycat Dolls......in a cheezy kinda way....!

I like the Breitling Bentley because it is subtle,
..!

Yeah.....as subtle as being hit over the head with a sockfull of diarrhoea........jebus.....subtle......I'd hate to see what you think is unsubtle......no wait...it's the BB...!

We all have opinions
yeah and we all have arseholes.......just that some people shove Twinkies up their [censored] to taste them......!

and I still think that most of the AP's look like cheap Seiko's with an octagon bezel.

You obviously have little experience of LUXURY watches........as for Seiko.....if the BB could have the heritage that Seiko have.....they'd at least be credible......!

I love the HBB, and find it stunning to look at.... Most people I have shown the watch to have never heard of Hublot so you are right about the heritage thing, but everyone loved the look of it.

I bet you're eyes got knocked out when you saw Britney's brazil......but it still isn't a pretty sight......as for most people never having heard of it.....that was the case over the last 37 years of it's history......and I predict more of the same.........the Hollywood crowd will adopt it...... ....WHY..........I hear you ask....because instead of embracing pure horological motivation....they'll do and are doing what every other mediocre brand does.....put lots of ice on their watches.......Bling Bling.......Kaching.......!

I presume you mean 'thick headed' in a kind of obstreporous or stubborn way.......'cos if you mean in a stupid way........does that mean I get to run with YOUR badass gang.......of which you're obviously the head honcho......or is that hondo.........!

Yep....you're just a regular badass......with a Big Bang........'what's that noise..?".........ahh.....it's just the BB fizzling out........more of a sparkler......:D

Edited by TTK

Youd be suprised actually....but if you did come our way I would definetely pass the tourch to you since with your dainty ferrari watch (paired with your non F-car auto I'm sure) you'd be voted head flamer hands down! LOL

Edited by CY0811

Surprised by what...........you can't pass a torch to the sun....son.....dontcha know that.........!

Dainty Ferrai....that's a contradiction in terms.....!

Now you're a window shopper,

taking a look but you never buy.

You won't pick it up if its over a fiver.

get on the bus coz you still can't drive.

mad as [censored] only just alive.

Get up in the morning and you like your tea milky,

you fumble for your glasses coz without 'em you cant see,

It's funny how I come round your house and I'm 20

and I still have to wear all the presents you sent me.

I walk into your kitchen everything's got a label,

you done your Christmas shopping and we're only in April.

And you wont leave the house unless your wearing your thermals,

you're covered all in cat hair and you're stinking like Strepsils,

Your heading down the Bowls Club,

have another orange squash.

Balls are rollin rollin rollin.

You can't walk right coz things aren't what they were,

your ankles are swollen swollen swollen.

You're walking down the post office to pick up your pension,

and then you're off to Bingo, it's become an obssession.

So weary of the kids when their wearin' their hoods up,

and even if they smile at you, you think its a stick-up.

You only buy the paper just to cut out the coupons,

your saving 50p but what do you want with tampons?

Your always at the doctor picking up your prescription,

and they throw in some K-Y just to ease up the friction.

You gotta leak in your colostomy bag,

yeah its got a hole in hole in hole in.

At the weekend your shopping with your trolley,

its so sad how your rollin rollin rollin.

You're so baadaassssss.....!

Edited by TTK

@Jawo....I'll forgive your naivete with regards to AP......it's obvious you've never held one......!

The Hublot doesn't 'share' any similar design.....it is a not so subtle plagiarisation of a design that is nearlly 40 years old now.....and which is firmly accepted as the pinnacle of sports watch design...and if you think the BB looks contemporary and different.....I don't know what else you've looked at....but it can't be much.....!

As for awards.......Britney Spears has won all sorts of awards......it hardly makes her a class act.....so has Jenna Jamieson......!

Hublot have no heritage.....is not a manufacture.......and it's only claim to fame is that they introduced the first luxury watch with a rubber strap......!

So the fact that Hublot is featuring luxury yacht manufacturers on it's dial means it's less cheezy........or if I wear a Breitling Flecce Tricolore......does that mean I have to fly ......!

As for design....the Panerai / Ferrari.....is no different from the Girard Perregaux Ferrari series...a very successfull tribute series of watches.....all of which feaature a form follows function aesthetic......the BB doesn't.......it's a poorly designed watch.....time will show it.......it's HOT at the moment...but so are the Pussycat Dolls......in a cheezy kinda way....!

..!

Yeah.....as subtle as being hit over the head with a sockfull of diarrhoea........jebus.....subtle......I'd hate to see what you think is unsubtle......no wait...it's the BB...!

yeah and we all have arseholes.......just that some people shove Twinkies up their [censored] to taste them......!

You obviously have little experience of LUXURY watches........as for Seiko.....if the BB could have the heritage that Seiko have.....they'd at least be credible......!

I bet you're eyes got knocked out when you saw Britney's brazil......but it still isn't a pretty sight......as for most people never having heard of it.....that was the case over the last 37 years of it's history......and I predict more of the same.........the Hollywood crowd will adopt it...... ....WHY..........I hear you ask....because instead of embracing pure horological motivation....they'll do and are doing what every other mediocre brand does.....put lots of ice on their watches.......Bling Bling.......Kaching.......!

Wow, my head is pounding after that!! I appreciate the time you took just to slam me. No, I have never held an AP but I still think they are ugly. What I meant by subtle is that Bentley is subtly printed on the watch. But you know it's still Breitling. I own a gen Concord, Oris and Fendi. So I have a bit of experience with luxury watches. My Aunt has 6 gen Rolexes and I admire them very much, but could never afford to own a real Daytona. I am new to the rep world and never knew that high quality reps existed until a month ago. I have so far bought 6 reps..MB Timewalker, Breitling Nav World, Breitling Chronomat Evo, PAM111H, Omega SMP Chrono, and the HBB. I love watches, and could afford to buy a couple of gens each year, but the reps make my dollar stretch much further. I have a nice watch repair kit which contain all the proper tools to tighten all the screws on the watch. I did not come to this forum for a debate about which watches I find butt ugly. I came to get expert advice and to share my passion for the love of watches. I know you have a lot of experience and knowledge and I look forward to your contributions. I love the HBB for the style. I never said anything about it's construction. Otherwise I would not have purchased any watch with a Asia 7750 movement. I started this thread to show my appriciation for this watch with others. Most have also showed simular interest. I will surely not jack any thread that you post with blatent disregard and negative connotations and I wish you would show the same courtesy.

Aw...come on....thicken up your skin.......if you were down the pub and one of your buddies gave you a hard time...you'd still buy him a pint......no....?

The debate about the Big Bang isn't really a reflection on you......it's simply because it's a new rep kid on the block....and because of it's appearance....some people think it's striking......others can see the Emperor isn't wearing any clothes......!

As for your collection.....it's a nice collection......possibly even your Fendi handbag........but not seriously considered as 'luxury' watches.......the Hublot range are considered 'luxury' watches.....because they are moving into the 'tourbillon and diamonds' marketplace.......it stiil doesn't make them a great watch tho'....!

I undertsand that it's looks are what attracts people to it.....but MY point is very simple.......as far as the genuine is concerned......attention to detail.......and the single biggest factor that would dissuade me from spending 10,000 dollars never mind a Million dollars......is the fact that the bezel screws are misaligned.....that shouldn't be the case on a luxury watch...you ARE paying for that attention to detail........some people can't see that......that's why some guys go out with ugly burds....and guys like me don't......:D

Here's the simple analogy........what does a human and a watch have in common.........they both have faces.......it is scientifically proven that the human eye is more attracted to the "Golden Ratio"........than any other ratio........given the choice between a set of perfectly formed teeth and a set like graveyard headstones.....which would you prefer.......nice straight symmetrical teeth......or a set belonging to an Appalachian mountain man......or in this case belonging to CY0811...:D

Edited by TTK

I very disappointed to see the photos here.

Andrew assured me the carbon fiber came with the proper polished bezel...

not looking forward to my package much anymore...had my heart set on that bezel which appears not to exist on any of josh and andrews supply.

edit

andrew just informed me that you can the polished bezel on it and mine does in fact have it.

Did you order the black one now...are you selling the SS one?