When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Review

Jawo

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wrong again....I wouldn't sell them because I don't like them.....allied to the poor QC that hes been exhibited to date......it's bad enough worrying about screws falling out of your Radiomir....not a worry tho' with the Ferrari.......less is more.....like 25 screws less......and more re-assurance that it won't end up at the back of the cutlery drawer.....:lol:

Edited by TTK

You gotta leak in your colostomy bag,

yeah its got a hole in hole in hole in.

Talk about literally crapping on a thread... ;)

And yes, I posted that my polished ceramic bezel on my HBB rep is deep black and quite shiny.

Some people decorate their homes in contemporary decor, others in traditional. Neither of them are wrong to do so. Lets just accept that people's tastes will differ, and let's be friends now, OK??? :Jumpy:

As for your collection.....it's a nice collection......possibly even your Fendi handbag........but not seriously considered as 'luxury' watches.......the Hublot range are considered 'luxury' watches.....because they are moving into the 'tourbillon and diamonds' marketplace.......it stiil doesn't make them a great watch tho'....!

Hehe, I could have thrown in my wife's Fendi bag but I thought I'd post a pic of my watch instead :bangin:

234101-11550.jpg

OOPS! You were doing ok Jawg, until you posted a pic of that Fendi :o

LOL, be nice. My wife bought it for me on our first anniversary. I wasn't too sure about it at first, but it has grown on me. Maybe it's the sentimental significance of the watch though. It's a bad pic, the watch has a 42mm case and full SS bracelet. It's actually kinda nice.

Well, there is a good reason for this. I am a watch-lover, watches are in my blood... and replicas, well, I love those, too. Unfortunately, my taste in watches is quite particular. There are so many beautiful ones out there that for some reason do not get replicated. The two biggest travesties are the Rolex Daytona Seconds at 9:00 (which has yet to appear with a 7750b1 movement) and a Breitling Chronomat Evolution in true two-tone (with TT bracelet).

Then, when these two beautiful and really easy easy things to make remain unmade, and somebody devotes so much time into making a literally near-perfect 1:1 example of a watch that makes me barf every time I look at, my dissapointment cannot be contained.

I take my comments to these threads because I think the followers of the Hublot Big Bang are letting its accolades speak instead of its true self. I know that beauty is a subjective thing, but how can somebody look at that watch - complemented of course by the el cheapo rubber strap and outlandish, unjustifiable price tag, and still want one?? Just because it costs $400-$550 doesn't mean the extra money you spend makes it good, it's a regular 7750 like we have in the excellent Omega SMP rep which costs half the price!! It's unfathomabe to me personally... You must understand that my rage has to go somewhere, because my therapist says if I keep it bottled up, it could be unhealthy.

Everyone should follow Corgi's taste in watches and follow the Great One, and move to Texas too.

As for awards.......Britney Spears has won all sorts of awards......it hardly makes her a class act.....so has Jenna Jamieson......!

Who's Jenna Jamieson? Did she win an Oscar or a Grammy ?

The sad thing is TTK would probably talk sh* t about the BB after he sold to you: "Well newb, thanks for the buy and good luck with those 27 screws...Ill be playing my bagpipes all the way to the bank with my dealer parts shop Ferrari pam on while you sift through your soup for missing BB pieces".

J/K

Edited by CY0811

The sad thing is TTK would probably talk sh* t about the BB after he sold to you: "Well newb, thanks for the buy and good luck with those 27 screws...Ill be playing my bagpipes all the way to the bank with my dealer parts shop Ferrari pam on while you sift through your soup for missing BB pieces".

J/K

It would read more like this:

look at what i solded you...... a watch... take a look at it..... up close..... do you see it stupid person??? wow.... all wrong... you buy it.... spend money.... get mistakes... what do i care.... i sit here in front of my.... computer...... and it rain outside..... what I say?>?>????? rain.................. i hate rain so much......... and i hate you....................................................

Well, I just got in my Hublot Big Bang w/Ceramic Bezel today from Andrew. I was in eager anticipation peeling back all the bubble wrapping and protective film trying to catch a glimpse. When I got it opened, my eyes were in shock. What a beautiful stunning piece of art. The details of the watch literally sets a new standard for reps. After spending a good chunk of change for this thing, I was worried it would not live up to the hype. Well, I was wrong. This watch has exceeded all my expectations and more. I compared this thing to the gen on Hublot's website, and this watch is very accurate. The brush and polished SS case is very high quality. The dial has a checkered ceramic look like the gen. I was not sure if spending the extra for the ceramic bezel was worth it, but it adds such a distinctive character to the watch. The strap is very comfortable and very easy to adjust. I was worried about a stinky smell of the rubber strap on my wrist, but after 12 hours of wearing this watch, no rubber smell whatsoever. The display back has the same look as the original with the spiral carbon looking rotor. It looks fantastic for an Asian 7750 movement (I just hope the reliability will stand up to the looks), much nicer than my Mont Blanc Timewalker. The verdict is that despite the heafty pricetag for a rep, I think it is worth any penny and my new favorite watch. :thumbsup:

234217-11522.jpg

234217-11523.jpg

234217-11524.jpg

234217-11525.jpg

234217-11526.jpg

Stunning is a very appropriate description.

Didn't I read the following statement very often here: "do not buy at once; sit back, relax, wait for a couple of weeks to read reviews first". :whistling:

Sounds like these screws suck. :black_eye:

I remember having seen my first Hublot watch around 25 years ago in San Marino (Italy's Monaco or so) and thought it was a nice looking watch.

But that one was far away from looking like this BB.

Kind of classic and timeless which is not the case of the BB.

I think the original poster is right: it's all about hype.

My understanding: Hype means "trendy for the moment" thus "It will not last, because it's Hype".

My 2 euro cents.

Cheers

Stephane

It would read more like this:

look at what i solded you...... a watch... take a look at it..... up close..... do you see it stupid person??? wow.... all wrong... you buy it.... spend money.... get mistakes... what do i care.... i sit here in front of my.... computer...... and it rain outside..... what I say?>?>????? rain.................. i hate rain so much......... and i hate you....................................................

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....seriously.....damn those pesky customers.

@Epoch.....

I suppose you could have paid someone umm...$348 dollars for a solo tempo. I hope not many people jumped on that [censored] offer
I hope that's not directed at me.......'cos I don't charge $348 for a solo tempo......!

@CY.....

You've been here awhile......but obviously don't know me....I wouldn't talk [censored] about the BB.......mainly because I don't sell [censored]........but you could....you talk enough of it.....e:g.......'dealer parts Ferrari'......now that is funny......if any watch could be described as being made from dealer parts....it's the Big Bang.....and yet you're not talking [censored] when you describe sifting thru' your soup......but that's not a problem you'll experience....no soup for you......!

@ Stephane and RobertK........there are some..... like you guys who get it and can be taken seriously.....and then there are some who think the Emperor's new clothes are lovely.....and can't be taken in any way at all......except by those who lighten their pocket for a POS.....!

@Corgi........I love your avatar.....it represents you so accurately...........a [censored]......!

Edited by TTK

I hope you understood the phrase "dealer parts shop" to the fullest extent. I'm sure you've seen the generic china reps with the auto brand name plastered onto it at some sort of local auto dealer in a region you were staying...I thought it would chap your hide if I compared them to the pam Ferrari...lol For the record the Pam Ferrari is awesome and I may even buy one, but to me the BB is still more BADASS!!!

Oh and I have nothing but love for you Neil (I know you are the Jedi Master when it comes to reps and gens), just busting your balls for talking so much sh*t while my $$$ falling a part upon arrival ugly ceramic BB is IN TRANSIT.....lol.

Newbs: TTK is not a Satanic trader...but rather a thick headed Scottish devil's advocate who will tell you what's what.....who also wears a watch with a FABULOUS prancing horse on the face when visiting his favorite local club: The Blue Oyster...lol

OK gotta sleep

Edited by CY0811

I don't anderstand you guys. We all have the same passion for watches and what I read seems to be a conflict of interests. You like it, fine, you don't, tell it but don't say that is the ugliest watch ever as regards all the awards this watch wins. People seem to talk each other into what they should or shouldn't buy, I can't stand Breits but you will never see me say someone don't buy it or, this watch is ugly. Be objetive to be construtive!

@CY....I got your drift ok......unfortunately for me....alas and alack....I've never seen any of those....I don't frequent 'cheap and tacky' auto dealers.....you may do.....I don't......and once again ...you got it wrong......my hide won't be chapped.....as yours will be when you finally realise that you bought a sow's ear instead of a silk purse.......I didn't realise you had one on the way...if so ...I'd have spared your sensibilities......that degree of punishment deserves a little sympathy....after all....I can feel the love.....:D

@Jawo......you're not going to wear that Fendi...are you.....if so.....I will no longer direct any adverse comment to you........you've got to be either a very brave man........or completely crazy.....either way....I bet you're glad you found your way here......!

@CY....I got your drift ok......unfortunately for me....alas and alack....I've never seen any of those....I don't frequent 'cheap and tacky' auto dealers.....you may do.....I don't......and once again ...you got it wrong......my hide won't be chapped.....as yours will be when you finally realise that you bought a sow's ear instead of a silk purse.......I didn't realise you had one on the way...if so ...I'd have spared your sensibilities......that degree of punishment deserves a little sympathy....after all....I can feel the love.....:D

@Jawo......you're not going to wear that Fendi...are you.....if so.....I will no longer direct any adverse comment to you........you've got to be either a very brave man........or completely crazy.....either way....I bet you're glad you found your way here......!

Actually its the expensive dealers who have the the cheap marked up watches but anyways I just had to come clean about my purchase...either way it was a fun thread. :thumbsupsmileyanim: