When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

HBB Review

Jawo

Well, I just got in my Hublot Big Bang w/Ceramic Bezel today from Andrew. I was in eager anticipation peeling back all the bubble wrapping and protective film trying to catch a glimpse. When I got it opened, my eyes were in shock. What a beautiful stunning piece of art. The details of the watch literally sets a new standard for reps. After spending a good chunk of change for this thing, I was worried it would not live up to the hype. Well, I was wrong. This watch has exceeded all my expectations and more. I compared this thing to the gen on Hublot's website, and this watch is very accurate. The brush and polished SS case is very high quality. The dial has a checkered ceramic look like the gen. I was not sure if spending the extra for the ceramic bezel was worth it, but it adds such a distinctive character to the watch. The strap is very comfortable and very easy to adjust. I was worried about a stinky smell of the rubber strap on my wrist, but after 12 hours of wearing this watch, no rubber smell whatsoever. The display back has the same look as the original with the spiral carbon looking rotor. It looks fantastic for an Asian 7750 movement (I just hope the reliability will stand up to the looks), much nicer than my Mont Blanc Timewalker. The verdict is that despite the heafty pricetag for a rep, I think it is worth any penny and my new favorite watch. :thumbsup:

233256-11788.jpg

233256-11789.jpg

233256-11790.jpg

233256-11791.jpg

233256-11792.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations on the watch! What a stunning piece.. Is your ceramic bezel polished or brushed? It looks like brushed, but maybe that is just an illusion.

The outside surface on the bezel is highly polished on the side. The top surface of the bezel itself is brushed, but not rough looking.

This is one I really want, but the high price prevenjts me with all the talk about QC issues. It would be nice if th dealers could give an extra set of screws in case some fall off. That would be helpful.

This is one I really want, but the high price prevenjts me with all the talk about QC issues. It would be nice if th dealers could give an extra set of screws in case some fall off. That would be helpful.

I never understood why they don't do this. Those screws must cost what, $0.02 cents? Why not just throw in 2-3 with each order...

Ugliest wristwatch to devote so much time into accurately copying... sorry....

It's probably very accurate, etc... but when the genuine looks like a failed science experiment...

Yuk

If it were so, the watch obviously wouldn't win the Grand Prix D'Horlogerie de Geneve (Best Design 2005) :victory: For me it is one of the best designs ever.

Ugliest wristwatch to devote so much time into accurately copying... sorry....

It's probably very accurate, etc... but when the genuine looks like a failed science experiment...

Yuk

Just wondering.... are you on some kind of bash the HBB campain or something? every single thread on the HBB that I've looked at contains a post from you slagging it off, I don't get it, if you really don't like it why even bother opening HBB threads? :bangin:

All you need are one of these: Watch Repair Kit

Picked it up from Ebay for $8.99. It comes with the bezel screw tool. I just tightened all the screws up on the bezel when I got the watch. I think this kit is an absolute must for all rep owners. All the basic tools are there. It comes with a watch holder, precision hammer, link remover, precision screwdriver set, back case opener, Rolex style back case removal tool etc... Very good investment IMO.

I just received mine two days ago, with a highly polished bezel. All I can say is - what a magnificent watch! If all you've ever done is seen photos on the web, you can't possibly appreciate it fully - You really need to have one on your wrist, which is where mine has been since receiving it, and where I expect it will be for some time. I can't stop admiring it!

All you need are one of these: Watch Repair Kit

Picked it up from Ebay for $8.99. It comes with the bezel screw tool. I just tightened all the screws up on the bezel when I got the watch. I think this kit is an absolute must for all rep owners. All the basic tools are there. It comes with a watch holder, precision hammer, link remover, precision screwdriver set, back case opener, Rolex style back case removal tool etc... Very good investment IMO.

Thanks for the tip. I will get one too.

Just wondering.... are you on some kind of bash the HBB campain or something? every single thread on the HBB that I've looked at contains a post from you slagging it off, I don't get it, if you really don't like it why even bother opening HBB threads? :bangin:

Well, there is a good reason for this. I am a watch-lover, watches are in my blood... and replicas, well, I love those, too. Unfortunately, my taste in watches is quite particular. There are so many beautiful ones out there that for some reason do not get replicated. The two biggest travesties are the Rolex Daytona Seconds at 9:00 (which has yet to appear with a 7750b1 movement) and a Breitling Chronomat Evolution in true two-tone (with TT bracelet).

Then, when these two beautiful and really easy easy things to make remain unmade, and somebody devotes so much time into making a literally near-perfect 1:1 example of a watch that makes me barf every time I look at, my dissapointment cannot be contained.

I take my comments to these threads because I think the followers of the Hublot Big Bang are letting its accolades speak instead of its true self. I know that beauty is a subjective thing, but how can somebody look at that watch - complemented of course by the el cheapo rubber strap and outlandish, unjustifiable price tag, and still want one?? Just because it costs $400-$550 doesn't mean the extra money you spend makes it good, it's a regular 7750 like we have in the excellent Omega SMP rep which costs half the price!! It's unfathomabe to me personally... You must understand that my rage has to go somewhere, because my therapist says if I keep it bottled up, it could be unhealthy.

Corgi:

The real deal commands over $10k in most cases, is very popular, won the design award etc....we can get a 1:1 incredible copy for a fraction of the cost and all you do is talk sh*t about it on here because "watches are in your blood" ?

Edited by CY0811