When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

please do not rep this...

longshot

dang ;)

i didn't really see it as a big moral issue. but i do agree it's just plain tasteless.

i'm more bothered by yet another spoiled rich kid (see kobold) getting into the watch business :whistling:

If Kobold were turning out crap, I would agree- but with each season, his line of watches gets better and more focused. I have a lot of respect for someone who follows through with an idea so successfully.

Just my opinion, of course.

Now if Paris Hilton goes through with her plans to release a line of perpetual calendar minute repeating world time dive watch chronographs, I might have other thoughts- I do hear they are vomit resistant to 20 meters however.

-O

If Kobold were turning out crap, I would agree- but with each season, his line of watches gets better and more focused. I have a lot of respect for someone who follows through with an idea so successfully.

Just my opinion, of course.

heaven forbid he turns out crap ;) besides doubling the price overnight, with no changes to the product, in an attempt to move upmarket and his well documented legal issues with his uber commando mall ninja :ph34r: pesona this is the kind of product he produces. this pic is from the kobold web page. the watches were sold like this...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

233771-11675.jpg

My great-great grandfather was killed by one of the cranes whilst helping to build the Titanic, if I recall correctly he was a shipwright. His wife was paid a small sum by way of compensation and also given a guarantee that anyone of his family, even to this day is automatically entitled to employment at the Yard. A small but

( almost ) interesting fact. Harland and Wolff shipyard employed thousands in it's hey day, but I doubt there are more than a thousand employed there today, and most of them are sub contracted.