When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Inserting stem back into 7750 ..

z3k0

I have found some articles saying that inserting stem back into 7750 is very dangerous because of possibility of damaging keyless works. So, as I'm planning on taking apart my Carrera chrono, can someone tell me what is the correct way of inserting it back ?

thanks

• 3 months later...

Again? Didn't we do this last week? :D

Ok, the stem on a 7750 needs to be perfectly aligned to go in. It's tricky, but I've never broken a keyless works on a 7750 (whereas I've done 4 on a 2836 and can now rebuild them blindfold). The amount of pressure you can apply on the latch is more than you think.

Take the movement out and refit the stem out of the case. Still the same problems?

Again? Didn't we do this last week? :D

Hmm, guess I missed something there, hahaha.

Take the movement out and refit the stem out of the case. Still the same problems?

Unfortunately yes. When the movement was out of the case I put the stem in while pressing the release button firmly a couple of times. But each time it didn't 'lock' and the stem came out. The times I did succeed in 'locking' the stem I couldn't set time and date, but while trying heard a lot of noise. And now the movement isn't running anymore.

I had this problem also with the 2824 and after fixing the keyless works everything worked perfectly. So now I have the feeling I messed up the keyless work of the 7750...

At least I'm getting experienced in messing up keyless works :)