When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How to get the pins out of my B&R 01-92 lugs

I thought taking off the screws would release the pins, but no. How can I change the strap, if I can't get the f***ing pins out of the lugs? PAM1A has asked the same question in the Other Brands Area....

Once you have one screw removed there is a keeper that holds the strap on. Just take some type of tool that will push the keeper and the other screw out the other side. It should push right out. You can put it back the same way. The whole setup (both screws and the keeper) turns together. You need to hold the keeper/strap or use two wrenches together to get the first screw out. I just used jewelers pliers to squeeze the strap and hold the keeper while I loosened the first screw. Good luck.

Deen

Thanks Deen, I tried, but no cigar. Can't push out the keeper on either side....

I have the same problem, even if I use a 'drift' or pin and try to hammer the @#&king thing out!

Also the head of one of the only two screws that I could remove (luckily one on each 'side') fell off when reinserting it (no, I didn't twist hard)

Any suggestions??

Rob

Edited by rcherryuk

I have the same problem, even if I use a 'drift' or pin and try to hammer the @#&king thing out!

Also the head of one of the only two screws that I could remove (luckily one on each 'side') fell off when reinserting it (no, I didn't twist hard)

Any suggestions??

Rob

Same here, Rob, I've tried WD-40 in the pinholes and a hammer to force them out, no luck. I'm so tired of this rediculous watch (what the hell was I thinking buying this 46x46 square monster? This thing is so big, even on my 185mm wrist... :bangin: ), I really had to restrain myself not to smash the [censored], having the hammer in my hand. It's the least atractive rep in my collection now, especially since I can't change the strap.

I feel for you guys, but I don't have any more ideas. The spring bar on my clasp was bent in shipping, so I took the band off to get a jeweler to find the right size bar. I haven't had any problems getting either of the keepers out. Better lucky than good. I just received a new canvas strap and I have a rubber one on the way.

I do have to say that the watch is big. In my past life, I flew tactical jets with the US Navy, so the watch brings back memories. That's it's main draw for me.

Good luck guys. Wish I could be more help.

Deen

All B&R reps have this problem. For some reason the screws are glues in with loctite. I got so angry I cut the leather strap off mine with a blade in a fit.

I finally admitted defeat and took it to my friendly watchsmith.

He placed a screwdriver in a vice and locked this screwdriver in one screw. Then he got a tiny screwdriver with a very large handle (you need this for leverage he told me - with a small one it will move around in your increasingly sweaty hand) he managed to jimmy it the screw on the other side.

It took a professional about 10 minutes so I would bite the bullet and pay someone $5 to do it for you.

Good luck.

Edited by Tom

He placed a screwdriver in a vice and locked this screwdriver in one screw. Then he got a tiny screwdriver with a very large handle (you need this for leverage he told me - with a small one it will move around in your increasingly sweaty hand) he managed to jimmy it the screw on the other side.

Good luck.

Tom,

I wish I could! Mine doesn't have screws,just soft as @*it 1.3 mm head hex bolts, As I said 1 head dropped off when putting it back in!

It looks like need a watchsmith in London that will work on Reps and has a drill stand and a 1 or 1.2 mm screw extractor!!

Failing that does anyone know where I can buy a 1 or 1.2 mm screw extractor?

Rob

Tom,

I wish I could! Mine doesn't have screws,just soft as @*it 1.3 mm head hex bolts, As I said 1 head dropped off when putting it back in!

It looks like need a watchsmith in London that will work on Reps and has a drill stand and a 1 or 1.2 mm screw extractor!!

Failing that does anyone know where I can buy a 1 or 1.2 mm screw extractor?

Rob

Rob,

Go and see Sean at "Watches To Go" in Piccadilly Underground Station. He's a grumpy old sod, but he does all my work, normally on the spot and rarely charges. Its a tiny little booth in the centre part of the station. Not too hard to find. He opens every day at about 11am until 6pm

Edited by Tom

Rob,

Go and see Sean at "Watches To Go" in Piccadilly Underground Station. He's a grumpy old sod, but he does all my work, normally on the spot and rarely charges. Its a tiny little booth in the centre part of the station. Not too hard to find. He opens every day at about 11am until 6pm

Tom,

I will go and seek him out next week!

I assume I will have to leave this with him, as it will take a while!

Rob