When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Submariner Case

Keyhole

I have a pretty cheap Sub rep that I am making small improvements to. I was using a Scotch bright on the bracelet this weekend because the band was very shiny and did not resemble SS at all.

I cannot find any pictures that show me for sure if the case on a gen Submariner is polished to a reflective finish or if it has a dull SS finish to it? Or are there different finishes on different parts? Like side of the crown guards is polished, but the top is dull...

Thanks!

hi Keyhole,

on a SS Sub the sides , case back, and Cgs are polished ... rest of the case is brushed ... ( unless it is 5517 where the case is completely brushed with the execption of the case back) :-)

Rag9fx

hi Keyhole,

on a SS Sub the sides , case back, and Cgs are polished ... rest of the case is brushed ... ( unless it is 5517 where the case is completely brushed with the execption of the case back) :-)

Rag9fx

Hi Rag9fx,

Thanks for this but some more questions as one cannot find gen detailed pics of each 16610 sub out there:

Case back : isn't the center, where the sticker is/was, brushed ? I always remove those stickers at some point as they scream FakeFakeFake...So my subs are brushed under the sticker. Is this correct ?

Band: I read somewhere on RWG that it was fully brushed but the sides of the links are supposed to be polished.

Cheers & thanks,

Stephane

yes the centre of modern case backs are brushed ... sorry about that i was in vintage mode... the Cgs tend to be polished ( to a mirror finish) as are the case sides ... as for modern oyster bracelets ... i am not entirely sure what is accurate- i know on my gen Date Just that they are polished . sorry

yes the centre of modern case backs are brushed ... sorry about that i was in vintage mode... the Cgs tend to be polished ( to a mirror finish) as are the case sides ... as for modern oyster bracelets ... i am not entirely sure what is accurate- i know on my gen Date Just that they are polished . sorry

Thanks for that.

There are so many Oyster Bracelets...hard to say which one is supposed to be on a 16610.

Anybody else an idea about that: should the sides of the links be brushed or polished on a 16610 bracelet ?