When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Report: Noobmariner ETA & Asian

By-Tor

234667-11448.jpg

Received my ETA-powered Noobmariner today. In my opinion it's still the best "compromise Sub" out there. I'll be getting the "VIPmariner" from Tim (RWI) soon... and it'll be interesting to make a side-by-side review.

There's no use reviewing this watch again, since the review of the Asian version is all here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showtopic=13184

The trade with Falco was excellent. He had modded the watch a bit... better pearl and milled crystal which raises the crystal height. Also better hands that match the lume on the hour markers. I'm extremely satisfied, since I always wanted a "ETA Nooby". The difference in sweep isn't that dramatic though... and other than that, the watches are 100% identical. I'll ask Palp to install a gen crown and tube for my new Sub later. These upgrades will make it a "Super Nooby". :)

I don't know what use I have for the Asian version anymore. Maybe I could trade it to something that I could review... and benefit the membership that way?

234667-11449.jpg

234667-11450.jpg

Sweet pair!!! By-Tor, look like the asian noob has a deeper rehaut and longer sec than the the ETA model. Is it just the pic angle?? Pretty pair none the less.

It's just the pic angle and lighting. The second hands are identical too.

Wow, amazing pictures!! :thumbsupsmileyanim::thumbsupsmileyanim:

I miss that baby already, and again sorry for my 4 inch wrists :whistling:

Thanks mate. Good to trade with you. :)

another great opportunity (edit from froglish: occasion) to see nice pics !

Thanks Monsieur By-Tor

Thanks Stephane. Glad you liked the pics. Only 1 was new though. Those 2 "glamour pics" are of the Asian version.

As a noob, it is a pleasure to read your reviews. I looked at this bit right after checking out that fabo Tudor you modded. Coming on this board 4 months on is still like reading Car & Driver when I was a kid. Each issue brought me into an amazing world of beauty, speed and mechanical strength, kinda like enjoying the pictures and musings these reviews provide. Thanks for taking the time. That goes for all the reviewers on the board. This place is stellar.

Grip

Excellent pics and very nice Sub, BT!

When you have Palp install the crowntube, perhaps he polish the inner ring and clean the inside of the crystal for you. It makes a huge difference IMO and it's very little additional work. These small touches add up very nicely. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Excellent pics and very nice Sub, BT!

When you have Palp install the crowntube, perhaps he polish the inner ring and clean the inside of the crystal for you. It makes a huge difference IMO and it's very little additional work. These small touches add up very nicely. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good idea. :)

@chief: I only have these two left now.