When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

rep purchase in vietnam, anyone?

dvn

Be careful in VIETNAM

There are many watchsmiths who hand made Rolex Cases to look 99.9% like the GENUINE and sell them off as genuine.

They are really very BIG crooks. I made a mistake 6 years back and bought a Vintage EXP 2 ref. 1655 case and got cheated. Everything looked so genuine but Rolex Center certified it FAKE. =P

Andrew

Be careful in VIETNAM

There are many watchsmiths who hand made Rolex Cases to look 99.9% like the GENUINE and sell them off as genuine.

They are really very BIG crooks. I made a mistake 6 years back and bought a Vintage EXP 2 ref. 1655 case and got cheated. Everything looked so genuine but Rolex Center certified it FAKE. =P

Andrew

Andrew, either I've got too much of a sense of humor, or you've just lost yours :lol:

(Oh wait a minute....ok, I get it: they sell them off a gens. Sorry, about that. For a minute, I was thinking that Vietnam was Replica Paradise!)

In a way, it is, no?

Now I'm totally confused and it's your fault, Trusty.

Be careful in VIETNAM

Andrew

Ditto that, vietnamese people sure are crooks! I

best place to buy gens are in hong kong, singapore & malaysia. In malaysia, there is starhill gallary that houses all different watch boutiques under 1 roof. In singapore, hour glass has good prices for gens. If you want to buy a new in box rollie, visit dickson watch. They give good discounts. In hong kong, it's obvious it's watch paradise. shop around as there are gazillion shops selling gens. go to ladies market if you some rep action. take the mtr to shenzen(lo wu) and you'll be in rep paradise. pls visit a doctor before you visit the place if you have a heart condition. no one will give a rat's ass if you collaspe seeing heaps of rep items under one roof.

DO NOT bother with the food...... :unsure:

No truer words were ever written. If you've ever been there and wondered what the hole is for in the middle of one of those round tables? Believe me, you don't want to know, or, go there......... yuck..!

The reps in Vietnam are ripoffs. The place in Hanoi is interesting though since the dude has been making fake military watches for many years now. Some look pretty good. I have no idea where the fella got his 'knowledge'. Perhaps from the rare Imai's military watch books and Konrad Kinrim's German Military Watches. Weird world.

• 3 weeks later...