When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

111G versus 111H

almo

I would like to buy my second pam, and I'm not such an expert, so I would appreciate some help very much.

Is there anything apart of the engine different between 111H and 111G?.

which are the differences between them?. What is a swan neck?.

What about the model available now (it appears as AR front glass, but I haven't seen decent shots at the dealer's websites).

Thanks a lot for your help and understanding in advance.

Regards!!

Also H has sandwich dial. The key problem on most H reps is that the crownguard on the gen was changed (enlarged and with lever centered) - but not on most reps. Most PAM's after the A and B series have single-sided AR coat.

Thank you very much for your help, both Daytonic and Kruzer00!! You are very kind.

I basically have to choose the best 111G, which is the engine I visually prefer, and I don't know which one, between for example wo-mart and andrew, specially makes me doubt that wo-mart's is a lot cheaper, and in the photographs it looks better, but I don't understand why. In the description, both are described as front glass AR. Are the two following the same model?.

andrew:

post-6053-1176934100_thumb.jpg

post-6053-1176933793_thumb.jpg

wo-mart:

post-6053-1176933976_thumb.jpg

post-6053-1176933819_thumb.jpg

could you help me in choosing?

I won't disturb you again.

Regards again from Barcelona, my friends!

I own the 111G from Andrew and am very pleased with it. It is an awesome watch and a damn fine replica. You cannot go wrong with this watch.

Not to stir up trouble but I would question whether the watch in the picture from Andrew is a Swiss movement. I have never seen a dagger with the correct dagger shape on a swiss movement. I remember Ziggy did a review of one (I have no idea what dealer it came from) and concluded it was not Swiss. Other people can weigh in as that may have changed and they are now putting on the correct dagger on swiss movements.

Paul's (Wo-Mart) 111G comes with the latest upgraded E-series Swiss ETA movement. Andrew's (Trusty) 111G still comes with an inferior Asian/Swiss ETA 6497 mov't, also referred to as ETA 'hybrid'.

Wo_Mart 111G shouldn't be compared to Andrew's, but Joshua's (www.perfect-clones.com) 111G he currently offers. It is basically the same watch.

As for your dealer preference...some people go with Paul based on his drop-pants prices, some prefer security they get with Joshua or Andrew. I used to source some of my reps from Paul, until one order went sour...you're on your own then on, buddy.

hope this helps,

babola

Edited by babola

I believe the 111h has the CDG bridges (wave pattern) while the 111g has "PANERAI PANERAI" engraged on the bridges.

Swan neck is the little bent piece of metal on the back of the movement where the regulator is.... hope that helps you find it somewhat.

There are 2 watches on Andrew's site.

This one is the Asian Unitas 6497 Movement

236041-11252.jpg

This one is the Swiss Unitas 6497 Movement

236041-11253.jpg

I assume that the circled portion is the swan regulator. Am I correct about this?

Wow!!

You are all very kind.

I really didn't expect this helpful reaction.

Well, thank you a lot, I hope day by day I'll keep learning from you.

By the way, sorry to Craytonic by writing wrongly your name earlier.

Thanks to all of you for your help!!

Regards,

Almo

No worries :)

111h is probably my favorite rep. If you decide to go with that one wait a week or two because some new & more accurate movements have surfaced.

I'm affraid too late!! I already have asked for 111g, but well... I can always get another :rolleyes:

See you!

Nice little discussion. I got my 111H from Davidsen. I am quite happy with the watch, and found his service to be excellent. Although the price was high it was comprable to buying a piece and having it re-lumed by The Zigmeister or vac, or any of the other illustrious lumers.