When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project Watch concept...

TeeJay

An idea I had which I thought would look quite cool, and wondered what people thought...

Black dial Railmaster with Planet Ocean hands.

What do people think? Worthwhile replacement of the hands (from a visibility/uniqueness point of view) or simply not worth the hassle?

Thanks in advance :)

I think the railmaster hands are visible enough, I though about A PO dail and hands in a railmaster case, i love my railmaster but really miss the date,

I have to admit, I like the idea of a PO dial and hands in a Railmaster case. Awesome dial, awesome case, should go together very nicely :) I won't be doing that for two reasons though. 1. The date window would be an issue. Date windows irritate me as they need setting, and I'd be happy without one there. 2. I'd want my watches to look different. I think a PO dial in a Railmaster case might look too close to a PO for me to consider it 'a different watch'. I think I'd as soon just change the hands on the Railmaster (I don't like how the minute hand is missing the 'arrow-head'. Makes the hands look mis-matched)

I have to admit, I like the idea of a PO dial and hands in a Railmaster case. Awesome dial, awesome case, should go together very nicely :) I won't be doing that for two reasons though. 1. The date window would be an issue. Date windows irritate me as they need setting, and I'd be happy without one there. 2. I'd want my watches to look different. I think a PO dial in a Railmaster case might look too close to a PO for me to consider it 'a different watch'. I think I'd as soon just change the hands on the Railmaster (I don't like how the minute hand is missing the 'arrow-head'. Makes the hands look mis-matched)

I assume you mean the hour hand missing the arrow head? or do you have one of the ones with AT hands? We could do a swap of parts here, Im happy with a rail master hands and PO dial, you want Railmaster Dial and PO hands, ah but we both want a railmaster case, can any one tell me what the diameter is of the PO 42mm dial. I am pretty sure that the Raily is 34mm?

I wonder if Pug or any imaging gurus would be able to transplant the dials and hands to see how it would look????????

Er Pug :cc_detective:

post-1258-1177072727_thumb.jpg

I assume you mean the hour hand missing the arrow head? or do you have one of the ones with AT hands? We could do a swap of parts here, Im happy with a rail master hands and PO dial, you want Railmaster Dial and PO hands, ah but we both want a railmaster case, can any one tell me what the diameter is of the PO 42mm dial. I am pretty sure that the Raily is 34mm?

I wonder if Pug or any imaging gurus would be able to transplant the dials and hands to see how it would look????????

Er Pug :cc_detective:

You're quite right, I did mean the hour hand. Having found out that the Railmaster is 49mm, I decided I won't be going ahead with this project. I can just about pull off the 45mm Planet Ocean, but I think anything larger would look ridiculous... I didn't find that out until I'd already done this rough photoshop knockup of how it should look...

236823-11053.jpg

(Dealer Image used purely for concept/display purposes. This watch DOES NOT exist.)

Disregard cancellation of project message... I confused the 49mm Railmaster XXL with the regular Railmaster which is 40mm... Not an immediate project, or even a particularly necessary one, but definitely one for my list of future projects :)

• 2 weeks later...