When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Silixprime

sssurfer

Some times ago Silixprime was Jay's and Angel's site for ETA movements, while Silixwatch was for asian ones.

Now it seems that also on Silixprime 99% of movements are chinese, japanese, or russian.

I wonder if this is because of the increasing quality of asian movements, or what.

Anyway, it currently seems that one has to look somewhere else than Jay and Angel if he is seeking a swiss mvt...

Anyone got hints about it?

It depends which watches you are looking for. There are lots of ETA-based watches for Franck Muller, Ralex, Omega, Breitling, etc. If it's PAMs it's a mixed bag, but still available. Remember that the ETA "Unitas" based watches need work on the bridges and are more expensive, and may be lower sellers than the Asian version which is half the price (with sapphire crystal front and back).

The PAM036, PAM127, PAM183, PAM 111 and others still have ETA movements, but the cheaper ones ($225 or so) don't have the bridgework. The more expensive ones tend to be $300.

Which particular model were you looking for ? I've been over and over their PAMs all the time the past few weeks.

Thanks for the infos, Chronus.

True, I omitted to say I was speaking of PAMs (and expecially Luminors). How did you guess it? :D

Thanks also for your interest, but I was not looking for anything in particular. Just browsing, I got struck from relative lacking of swiss movements in comparison with what I seemed to remember.

By chance, do you also know what those 'chinese 6' and 'chinese a' do mean?

By chance, do you also know what those 'chinese 6' and 'chinese a' do mean?

Where did you see that ? Only thing I can think of is that your screen is not maximised, or wrapping text, and it should be "chinese 6497 manual" or "chinese automatic" or is this something else?

Also, it seems to be a trend with most dealers having the Asian versions. After The Zigmeister's review of the asian 6497 movement, as well as the newer 7750, lemania/venus copy, I would think they are doing well with them.

For example, I havent seen any submersibles (eg. Arktos) with an ETA movement. A ETA 7750 seems like an expensive waste as all the functions aren't used, just the date and seconds dial at 9 o'clock.

If only it was as easy as sticking a rotor on the manual wind ETA 6497 to make it an automatic! Then we'd have these showing up with ETA.

The biggest problem is finding a cheap ETA movement that has a sub-seconds dial as well as date, but I can't think of anything beyond the expensive 7750 or 7753.

Where did you see that ? Only thing I can think of is that your screen is not maximised, or wrapping text, and it should be "chinese 6497 manual" or "chinese automatic" or is this something else?

22003-1878.jpg

You are right, no doubt "Chinese 6" stands for "Chinese 6497" and "Chinese a" for "Chinese automatic".

Also, it seems to be a trend with most dealers having the Asian versions. After The Zigmeister's review of the asian 6497 movement, as well as the newer 7750, lemania/venus copy, I would think they are doing well with them.

For example, I havent seen any submersibles (eg. Arktos) with an ETA movement. A ETA 7750 seems like an expensive waste as all the functions aren't used, just the date and seconds dial at 9 o'clock.

If only it was as easy as sticking a rotor on the manual wind ETA 6497 to make it an automatic! Then we'd have these showing up with ETA.

The biggest problem is finding a cheap ETA movement that has a sub-seconds dial as well as date, but I can't think of anything beyond the expensive 7750 or 7753.

Exactly as also I supposed -- the increasing quality of asian movements.

Thanks! :sss:

Mine shows two or three lines that describe the movement as necessary. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I haven't got one of the Asian ETA Unitas copy movements yet, I hope they are good. They are definitely cheap!

Which particular model were you looking for ? I've been over and over their PAMs all the time the past few weeks.

*putting flame-retardant underwear on*

my sisters friend absolutely wants a PAM now that i showed him this page... i'm really not into panerai (and silix' page is sheer PAIN to browse), can you get me a quick&dirty recommendation on what to get? price shouldn't be a problem, rather the 40mm models, and rather luminor.

big thanks

Edited by Hok

*putting flame-retardant underwear on*

my sisters friend absolutely wants a PAM now that i showed him this page... i'm really not into panerai (and silix' page is sheer PAIN to browse), can you get me a quick&dirty recommendation on what to get? price shouldn't be a problem, rather the 40mm models, and rather luminor.

big thanks

Hoping that my poor English is not playing tricks on me right now, I'll reply in the assumption that you prefer 40 mm luminor.

If so, you can't go better than on a 050. Almost undisguishable from the gen. No problems of a thin crown, poor date magnification, recessed pin, etc. Some minor concern about the asian 7750 movement inside, but if you ask for one of the 'new' 7750, then no problem on that side either.

I got it as my first 'good' rep and I still am in love with it. Even if I got an 'old' 7750 so I had to have it seviced after just 1 week, it just needed good cleaning and oiling. After that, it is still running perfectly (6 months now), COSC precise, and waterproof 10 atm.

Hoping that my poor English is not playing tricks on me right now, I'll reply in the assumption that you prefer 40 mm luminor.

If so, you can't go better than on a 050. Almost undisguishable from the gen. No problems of a thin crown, poor date magnification, recessed pin, etc. Some minor concern about the asian 7750 movement inside, but if you ask for one of the 'new' 7750, then no problem on that side either.

I got it as my first 'good' rep and I still am in love with it. Even if I got an 'old' 7750 so I had to have it seviced after just 1 week, it just needed good cleaning and oiling. After that, it is still running perfectly (6 months now), COSC precise, and waterproof 10 atm.

well, your english doesn't seem to be bad at all, but i'm no native speaker either.

anyway, thanks for your recommendation, i did some research and the 050 looks like an excellent choice.

i have seen that precious time carries a pam 125 power reserve, but can't find any reviews. am i dumb or is it that new (or that bad)? (i feel it looks good, only the date font is wrong, there's space between crown and watch that shouldn't be there, cyclops size good but mag too strong, 9'oclock marker too long...)

i ask this because it would be a lot easier for me to order within the EU, and no one of our dealers carries the 050.

and while i'm asking, did you vote prodi or berlusconi? :p

thanks again,

hok

Edited by Hok

i have seen that precious time carries a pam 125 power reserve, but can't find any reviews. am i dumb or is it that new (or that bad)? i ask this because it would be a lot easier for me to order within the EU, and no one of our dealers carries the 050.

and while i'm asking, did you vote prodi or berlusconi? :p

I think that 125 is quite a new model on reps, and it still needs verify on whether black dial with silver subseconds meets members' taste...

I did not even waste my time on voting, being I really disgusted by Italian politicians and voters. :)