When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

In shop yesterday

So yesterday was a glorious day in Philadelphia, so my wife and I went into center city- and wound up on South Street- grabbed a felafel, and did some window shopping. I came across a shop which had, in it's window mind you, about 2 dozen reps- and I am not talking about Canal St rubbish- but the higher end stuff (Including the Santos 100 chrono I just got WITH the Swiss movement).

I needed to go in to see what was up- and in the shop he had no less than 50 or 60 higher end reps- new Ferrari, Pan, etc... The gentleman in the store was kind of coy about the origin of the watches, and it was clear he was not representing them as gen- at least not to me. His prices were bordering on absurd (1600 for the Cartier), but there was one good aspect- I was able to look at some of the purchases I had been considering first hand- which was a new experience for me. I got to hold a new rep Big Bang for instance.

Now I don't see how this shop is going to survive- but what a blast it was to be able to look at all of the Reps I see posted here without having to buy first-regret later.

PLEASE do not ask me for the address- I don't want to cause this guy any trouble. You have an idea where it is if you want to look.

Hope you are all having a good weekend.

-O

• 2 weeks later...
I am not from Philadelphia, but I just took a job out of Warminster.

Id like to know where it is. Could you e mail it to me. I wiill be there on May 7th thru the 9th

Steve

don't bother yourself...by now, he is probably closed! :bicycle: