When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bestswiss Watches

qjbt

Hi,

Just before Christmas 2006 I decided to splash out on a Rolex Submariner from Bestswiss Watches, I did what I thought was some quite careful research through various sources on the internet. In addition Bestswiss were very receptive to any questions that were asked of them about the quality of the watch etc. So I decided to spend around $1000 on the watch, just a replica Submariner, but of the best quality........

So the watch arrived in very good time avoiding any custom charges in the UK which is always good. The watch was indeed a very good replica. To my eyes

anyway, I am sure some of you would rip it to pieces! But I have owned Rolex in the past and it was a pretty good replica, it should be for the money. So far so good. The watch worked perfectly well time wise, but the first time I tried to wind it it seemed to click a bit, I assumed this to be the overwind mechanism kicking in, although after only a 10 winds or so. I contacted Bestswiss who assured me the watch was running normally. So off we went on holiday......the watch performed very well, keeping to about a second a day time wise. Two weeks later it stopped.

I tried to wind the watch, but there was no resistance to the winder, so something had clearly come adrift inside the watch. I contacted Bestswiss who replied very quickly, giving me a series of 'tests' to perform. It was decided that the watch was indeed in need of repair. However because I live in the UK and Bestswiss are based in the States they were reluctant for me to return it, reasoning that customs would confiscate it. They offered to pay any UK repair bills. Now you must be wondering what I am moaning about!! However I sent the watch to a couple of repair places, both of whom were unable to repair the watch. So I contacted Bestswiss by email, nothing. I have made repeated attempts to contact them, I have offered to have a deal on a new watch, I have asked them to supply the details of a horologist in the UK who would be able to repair it, and finally I have offered to circumnavigate the US customs by getting some friends who are visiting the States in May to send the watch through the US mail system. All to no avail. They will not reply.

So from what I can see of Bestswiss is that they do in fact make excellent replicas, but it is simply not worth buying one from them because they do not have the returns policy that they claim, and when you spend that amount of money it essential there is some kind of guarantee.

So I have a knackered watch. It has gone to another horologist, but I don't hold out much hope..........

Regards

Q Tucker

Dear Mr. Tucker,

I will be honest. You have been scammed. The watch you purchased would probably run around 200 dollars (if it indeed is any type of Swiss ETA) or 50 dollars (if its a Canal street replica). You said it looked quite nice, may be an ETA...Best Swiss is a scam site, they run tons of them (even fake review websites). They have no customer service, they are fraudsters, believe me.

Anyway, its a shame this happens. Buy one off the dealers here and have customer service right through the end 99% of the time.

Don't ever buy there again.

In fairness I did join RWG, but it can be a bit confusing given the diversity of opinion amongst the brotherhood & probably the sisterhood!! So it can be difficult to work out a good supplier.

But I will read more carefully in the future!!

Regards

Q Tucker

In fairness I did join RWG, but it can be a bit confusing given the diversity of opinion amongst the brotherhood & probably the sisterhood!! So it can be difficult to work out a good supplier.

Regards

Q Tucker

That's like 800 bucks gone for no reason. Sorry to be harsh, but TT is right.....you read for 2 minutes and already see Best Swiss are SCAMMERS and that there are quite a few dealers here....

So from what I can see of Bestswiss is that they do in fact make excellent replicas, but it is simply not worth buying one from them because they do not have the returns policy that they claim, and when you spend that amount of money it essential there is some kind of guarantee.

Q,

I'm sorry about your experience, and I would say by the very fact alone that the watch gave out so qucikly would argue against the fact they make "excellent watches." Also, paying $1000.00 dollars for any Sub rep is a ROYAL RIPOFF! Is this one of thier alleged "full 18k models" or an SS Sub? Either way...way too much $$! The good news is I fail to see why the movement cannot simply be replaced? Drop a decent Swiss ETA in there, with that and labor, it should not be more $120.00 or so I would imagine? Or, find one here from a trusted dealer and purchase a whole new watch, that is probably better anyway for around the same amount as a movement replacement from a trained watchsmith.

The bottom line here is ALL of those type of online dealers are MAJOR SCAMS charging way more for watches that are either the same as we can get through the trusted dealers or, more often than not, older models, that are not as nice as what we get for way less. I sincerly doubt these places do any kind of mods or "custom building" for customers as they claim, and probably drop ship, or simply order, receive, and ship out...period.

Also, would you mind posting some pictures of the watch you purchased? I think alot of us would like to see it and determine if any mods at all were done, or, as I suspect, it is simply "off the shelve."

Thanks for the reply, I will indeed post some pictures of the Submariner, but I will need to get it back from my horologist friend first. He has not had a chance to get the back off yet, but he did remark that it was very difficult to tell it was a fake looking at the face of the watch.

However he predicted he would not need his magnifyer for the movement!!

Regards

Q Tucker

Yo Tucker...

Many of us here were scammed at one time before discovering this great board. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

Read, read and read...and read some more and learn.

Stick with the dealers here...no more scamming...we promise! :victory:

Yo Tucker...

Many of us here were scammed at one time before discovering this great board. Chalk it up to experience and move on.

Read, read and read...and read some more and learn.

Stick with the dealers here...no more scamming...we promise! :victory:

Affirmative. :victory:

Regards

Q Tucker

BestSwiss Sucks! Pure and simple, and their watches are not of good quality, and once you know what you are looking at, they are not even that close to the real ones.. These guys are scammers, I know becuase I was in your shoes two years ago. I hadn't found the old RWG at the time, and this site was not around, so I went by some B.S. review boards that just happened to be run by the same scammers. Expensive lesson learned. My watch broke after a few weeks, and they never got back to me. I tried to get the Credit Card company involved, but they (BestSwiss) had a round about way around it, being based in Canada, shipping from the U.S., money being sent to the U.K. Nothing ever resolved, just had to bite the bullet. Found the old RWG shortly thereafter, and got educated real fast with the typical noob treatment, that was probably somewhat deserving. I then proceeded to read and read, and now do so on a daily basis here. Learning something new everyday. I would recomend a lot of reading here. No need to go any place else. If you can't learn it here, you're not going to. By the way, several dealers here have much better watches than Bestswiss has anyway. Wish I had known that then, for I would be richer and well, now wiser. Good luck in your future purchases, and please, please, if you are going to buy, read reviews here, ask questions here, or PM me, whatever.. People here are always willing to help.

BestSwiss Sucks! Pure and simple, and their watches are not of good quality, and once you know what you are looking at, they are not even that close to the real ones.. These guys are scammers, I know becuase I was in your shoes two years ago. I hadn't found the old RWG at the time, and this site was not around, so I went by some B.S. review boards that just happened to be run by the same scammers. Expensive lesson learned. My watch broke after a few weeks, and they never got back to me. I tried to get the Credit Card company involved, but they (BestSwiss) had a round about way around it, being based in Canada, shipping from the U.S., money being sent to the U.K. Nothing ever resolved, just had to bite the bullet. Found the old RWG shortly thereafter, and got educated real fast with the typical noob treatment, that was probably somewhat deserving. I then proceeded to read and read, and now do so on a daily basis here. Learning something new everyday. I would recomend a lot of reading here. No need to go any place else. If you can't learn it here, you're not going to. By the way, several dealers here have much better watches than Bestswiss has anyway. Wish I had known that then, for I would be richer and well, now wiser. Good luck in your future purchases, and please, please, if you are going to buy, read reviews here, ask questions here, or PM me, whatever.. People here are always willing to help.

Bestswiss is NOT out of Canada. It is one of around 10 or more all run by the same thief(ves). They are criminals guilty of wire fraud, mail fraud and racketeering, plain and simple.

Thanks, maybe I misspoke there. They (I believe) are out of the U.S., the money is paid to a bank in the U.K., and the owner lives in Canada. Something like that, not sure. Either way, they are crooks and thieves!

No, he doesn't live in Canada either, sorry.