When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PO Bracelet Removal

cypher

I'm going to getting the 22mm rubber strap from silix and was wondering how to remove the bracelet. Is it possible with a jewellers screwdriver? Thanks!

Best way to remove the bracelet is to hold the watch in your hand, with the index finger resting against where the bracelet touches the case. With the precision screwdriver/spring bar tool, flick the end of the bar down, and simultaneously press your index finger against the bracelet so it shifts it slightly out of alignment. Repeat the process on the other side of the bar, and you can then slide the bracelet down and out of the lugs. The trick to doing it is to shift the end out of alignment so the springbars don't relocate themselves in the lug holes. Takes a bit of practice, but once you've got the knack, it's easy. A few days ago I managed to fit my bracelet back on my Submariner despite being rather drunk. Practice makes perfect, and then it becomes a matter of 'muscle memory' and you'll be doing it without thinking about it. Best of luck with the rubber strap, I know you'll be impressed with the feel :)

Got mine today. After 25 minutes prying at the springbar with a little flathead eyeglass screwdriver and a gouged finger, I switched to a smaller screwdriver and it came off in seconds. Use a smaller tool if you can't get it off, I don't know how it worked, but it did!

Now onto the strap... I really like it. It's very thick heavy-duty rubber. There is a little gap on the sides of one of the band sides where it meets the dial but it's not very noticeable. It's very comfortable, and although it was dusty when I recieved it, I cleaned it once and it's remained pretty dust-free for the last 5 or so hours I've been wearing it. Worth $35.