When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Submariner luminous pearl material

TeeJay

The bezel insert and pearl of my Submariner have been replaced with a new insert, and a few days ago, I noticed that the material of the pearl had been 'smushed' sideways... As it was flat with the pearl surround, when I got home, I used the tip of a jeweller's screwdriver to gently trace around the smeared material, removing the excess until it was once more a perfect dome (lower than the surround) I was surprized that it the pearl would deform like that, but also that it would be so simple to repair. Any ideas what the material would be?

Speaking of pearls, you've seen the pearl on my 6536 ... it's a lot greener than the gorgeous lume job Ziggy did. Is there an easy way to "vintagize" the pearl too?

I found putting my project watch under a daylight bulb aged the lume of the markers and pearl (which fell out due to the glue baking) but left the material on the hands untouched. Might be worth a try, just be sure to have the bezel insert on it's own though, so nothing else gets baked :D