When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Davidsen

FWATCH

I guess I've come full circle. My first rep was a $20. sub Times Square special that I bought about 20 years ago. "Hey mister, wanna buy a watch?" My latest rep is a Davidsen 202a. An imposing piece. I don't know whether to keep it on my wrist or frame it and hang it on the wall. Since it's on my wrist already, I think I'll keep it there. I bought it without a strap, thinking that I would need to have a custom strap made on account of my skinny wrists. But, as it turns out, maybe not. I had a standard strap that came with a Panerai box set, so I put it on, just to check the strap size, and, as it turns out, the standard size strap is really comfortable with the buckle not in the middle of my wrist. So I guess I'll develop a strap fetish now that I've run out of reps to buy. Well, except for the Cousteau Divers. I'm really curious about what it is with these Panerais. When I first saw them, I thought they were downright ugly. Now I think they have a certain undefinable beauty. This is my third. I have a Regatta from King, an 050 from Andrew, and now, the cream of the crop, IMHO, the Davidsen. I had read all the reviews about Davidsen's watches, and finally decided it was time to have one. I might need more. I really need to stop buying these things, but, well, you know......

Anyway, some quick pics enclosed. I couldn't even take it off to take pics.

post-4211-1177636633_thumb.jpg

post-4211-1177636809_thumb.jpg

@FWATCH

Is that 22 or 24mm PVD buckle ? DSN's jobbie as well ?

Nice touch !

cheers,

babola

It's 22.11 mm, and came with the watch. Good thing, too. I ordered it without strap, and thought about the buckle later. Thankfully, Davidsen included the buckle. I've got a Don strap on order, and am about to become a strap junkie. Just what I need, another fetish. <_<