When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tag Carrera Stolen

mdub83

So yesterday someone broke into my gym locker and stole my Carrera (rep) along with some other stuff. So I guess the glass is half full, and this gives me an excuse to buy another rep. Any suggestions of what I should get. I loved the Carrera, but the chronograph's second hand would sometimes get stuck at 59 sec, so I was thinking about getting another Carrera (black face, like before) with the hope that this watch wouldn't have this problem. Any suggestions of other watches I should look at, Tags or otherwise?

So yesterday someone broke into my gym locker and stole my Carrera (rep) along with some other stuff. So I guess the glass is half full, and this gives me an excuse to buy another rep. Any suggestions of what I should get. I loved the Carrera, but the chronograph's second hand would sometimes get stuck at 59 sec, so I was thinking about getting another Carrera (black face, like before) with the hope that this watch wouldn't have this problem. Any suggestions of other watches I should look at, Tags or otherwise?

Mdub,

As I read your post, I looked down on my wrist at the black face Carrera and smiled. Great looking watch. If you liked it enough to buy it before,

I'd go for it again. A lot of great watches out there. I'm sure you won't go wrong, no matter what you choose. Good luck.

Deen

Call the police and tell them that your Tag Carrera was stolen like you said and when they ask if you have a receipt for it say that your dead grandfather gave that to you as a gift and I think it's worth a few thousand ??

( This will not work if you don't have a dead grandfather ! :bleh: )

Make sure to have a few pics of you wearing the watch to show your insurance company :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Zed

The carrera black dial is an impressive watch, have you considered the link chrono? just to name another good Tag.

Or you can try some of the great Breitling reps out there like the BCE or a Steelfish.

And if your in no hurry that Costoue Diver looks amazing...

Options..you have lots of those, but most important is to pick something you really like.

And sorry for the loss, rep or gen it's still your property and no one has the right to take it from you.

Sorry to hear your Tag stolen. This just pisses me off when I hear this. Someone there in the gym was eyeing that watch. But, do tell the gym management as they may have insurance.

Usil

I think most gyms nowadays indemnify themselve from such stuff. When you signed on the dotted line, you agree that they won't be liable for any losses. That said, get yourself a new Carrera and a new bolt lock. :p

Thanks for the input guys. I did tell the gym and they called the police immediately, as my credit cards and other property were stolen also. Funny thing, I told the office that that watch was gift and I estimated the value around $2000. I did have a combo lock on the locker but it apparently was a old, shitty locker and someone forced the door open without removing the lock. Just a word of caution to everyone.

Great suggestions, I guess I'm back in the game for a new watch, or two, just in case.